forclosure

explain that ross one too him he wont notice that it is directed to someone unless you point it out
oh yes you're right the Rick Ross track is a diss track aimed at Cash Money Records CEO/rapper Birdman specifically taking aims at his shady business practices and how he is the "Number 1 Stunna" that he presents himself as which is funny if you know anything about Ross

forclosure

@luka @linebaugh I'll give Ross this he's got a great voice, this barrel chested husky thing that suits all his larger than life gaudy crime shit but imo he stinks and always has stunk. Him and Chris Brown occupy the same mental space for me in that when you tell certain people you don't like them they put it down to the specific moment that made their careers change seemingly overnight and that before that you was well into them.

Ross was a bloated plodding Jeezy clone when he first came out and if you go back to his early shit(including the couple tracks he did with Trick Daddy) there's no way you could tell he would've become what he was around 2009/2010 getting exposed as a CO was the best thing that happened to him and after that he really just cannonballed into his crime don persona, all surface his flow might've improved slightly but i've never found him endearing at all, drill made him archaic cause there's no way on earth his rapping style could keep up with the kind of stuff Keef and them were rapping on(something Fat Trel could do which is ironic cause i think he's still on MMG)

There's a segment of people who just want him to be this kind of mafioso jukebox who says the most ridiculous thing possible and their happy but that attitude as a mate of mine pointed out is no different to dem man who loved guys like doseone,sole and other white underground rappers of that ilk where you're meant to be dazzled by how "Impossibly technical" their rapping is.

forclosure

What's interesting about the track to me is 2 fold 1) he sounds like a depressed dad when he adresses Birdman he's not angry just dissapointed that his hero wasn't what he thought he was and he lays out all his faults bullet point by bullet point going as far to compare him to a Catholic priest n all that (imo the beat kinda does half the work considering it uses the same sample as Jay Z & Beanie Sigel's harrowing "Where have you been?")

2) Considering Ross got exposed as a cop its basically this one fraud calling out another guy for being a fraud, so you get this weird that wrestling weirdos love to talk about where the lines between "kayfabe" and reality blur or if you want to go further one consumes the other.

DannyL

Wild Horses
so far these are all tracks are ones that i've liked but i've picked them because i feel like they have a quality or aspect about them that is interesting or worth talking about also i'm doing it by region i've stuck to the south and the west coast so far. Trel being from DC is the only anomaly in that i don't think we've really talked about that region on here
I don't think I know any other rap from DC bar him which is in itself interesting.

He always struck me as a great rapper, a rap fans rapper. Always seems to go on about sex a lot, more than usual.

forclosure

I don't think I know any other rap from DC bar him which is in itself interesting.

He always struck me as a great rapper, a rap fans rapper. Always seems to go on about sex a lot, more than usual.
Gluttony is the word i associate with Trel, but there's been more than a few from DC Shy Glizzy,yungmanny, Xanman,Goonew,Wifigawd there's guys like Oddissee and Uptown XO who do the more underground stuff aswell

luka

wrong actually. jeeezy never made one song that could stand next to everyday im hustling. this case gets thrown out of court sorry webbie

forclosure

As for Jim Jones he's always sounded like he was severly clogged up to me not a pleasing rap voice on the ears and especially at that time to say he was a sloppy rapper was an understatement, i'm also willing to admit he's improved technically speaking but he's still a rotten rapper to listen to imo all his best/most famous stuff was ghostwritten by either Stack Bundles or Max B not to mention Stack has charisma which is something Jim has always lacked to me

forclosure

wrong actually. jeeezy never made one song that could stand next to everyday im hustling. this case gets thrown out of court sorry webbie
i've never liked Jeezy but i feel like there's people who are willing to carve you up with their old copies of TM101 also hustling stinks that track begins and ends with the hook and the rest might aswell be white noise

luka

cant negotiate on this issue its a non negotiable issue your entitled to opinion but you must acknowledge its eccentric in the extreme

forclosure

cant negotiate on this issue its a non negotiable issue your entitled to opinion but you must acknowledge its eccentric in the extreme
whose opinion is eccentric in the extreme mine or yours? cause i feel like i've laid out my reasons for never liking Ross

also it wouldn't surprise me if Gunplay ghostwrote Hustling cause what lyrics are there are all just chestbeating boasts

luka

gunplay is a great writer but actually so is ross. i dont think ross has ghostwriters im quite good at recognising writers personal styles

forclosure

I'm not 100% certain that he does but if he did it wouldn't surprise me, Ross has never really struck me as a great writer but he keeps to his bubble of fantasy to a fault where sometimes it'll screw with the entire purpose of a song for me. Gunplay is a great writer but i feel like people wanted more than what he could actually give

and before you ask yes yes i've heard his Devil in a Blue Dress verse but i haven't gone back to it in a very long time

luka

but in all seriousness everyday im hustling is something i rate alongside rock the bells, shook ones pt. 2, protect ya neck, rebel without a pause....