Winter Warz

version

A lone figure in the snow. Wind whips the streets, slashing at exposed fingers and car tops. Steam hangs in the air. A hollowed-out subway car rattles past...

version

Something about the cold, the snow and the frost, ice, sparks my imagination. One of my favourite scenes in The Thing is the bit where they discover the spacecraft buried in the ice, possibly for thousands of years.

The sounds of it too - I can hear cars crunching across the snow outside right now. The scene where Warren Oates is stabbing away at the ice block in Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia's got that great texture to it. That dry crunch, also just the way the ice looks when it's carved into a block.

sufi

lala

lost one of the damn little rubber bits from my headphones, probably have spare bits in the box, only got them a couple of months ago, but dunno where that is either
so this is left channel only

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Of course most of winter consists not of snow and icicles but of grey skies, bitter wind, rubbish blowing around on the never more hard pavements

version

Anyone read any of those arctic expedition memoirs; Shackleton's South or The Worst Journey in the World? It's fiction, but I've been wanting to read Anna Kavan's Ice for a while too.

The recent TV adaptation of The Terror was good.

Amazon-tv-series-the-terror.jpg

couple of cracking sound drops to cut your tongue off to

Reactions: sus

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
British winter that is

This thread got me thinking about how different disco might sound to a Californian as opposed to a Londoner

In a wet cold country this sound of warm glowing joy sounds like a message beamed down from a distant heaven