The evolution of emotion

luka

Start a thread about the evolution of emotions and it descends to physical threats and intimidation tactics first day
the day after drinking with you i was so fucked all i could do was read a book about a horrible gangster called Dave Hunt 'The Long Fella' and you just think this violence thing is such a nuisance, probably the biggest problem you have when youre trying to engineer a society.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
when i lived for a year round arsenal id walk home from work against the current of the fans leaving the stadium and it was always impossible to tell if they'd won or lost, same miserable faces either way, so that much is objectively true

that's right. The problem with you lot is you aren't even west ham anymore you're dagenham fc. nothing wrong with that but let's be real here, Arsenal is the only club which reflects London as it is today, for better or worse.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
This seems like a good place to put this, and i like the suburban sensationalism term too. False tiktok emotions

this is exactly what I’m dreading when our boys become old enough to explore ahem, waking up too early on a Sunday from rowdy noise downstairs so you get presentable and head below

sat on the chairs opposite, jabbering in a feigned over-elevated emotional state, is a person emanating gestures and sounds precisely like the example above

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
this is exactly what I’m dreading when our boys become old enough to explore ahem, waking up too early on a Sunday from rowdy noise downstairs so you get presentable and head below

sat on the chairs opposite, jabbering in a feigned over-elevated emotional state, is a person emanating gestures and sounds precisely like the example above

it's well underway. youtubers and tiktok etc. all of em talk like this

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
The messed up part to me is I can barely tell the difference between reality and satire anymore. Kept waiting for a wink or nudge

Reality is trolling us

forclosure

The messed up part to me is I can barely tell the difference between reality and satire anymore. Kept waiting for a wink or nudge

Reality is trolling us
Question how many of these youtuber/tik tok people you come across been Non-Americans? I ask because there's definitely been some people picking up the ticks of Yanks but i can't see this being some kind of epidemic

Not only that but if I'm being honest this stuff just comes off like old man "the kids don't know how to speak English" fearmongering like to say your parents weren't aggravated by whatever was the current slang you was using, forget the teens its the people in their mid 30s who try to talk like what they think teenagers talk like now are the real offenders

forclosure

I say this because i hear it from older Caribbean people including my own family which is part of the overall condescending moralizing talk they say about young black people and then they wonder why they don't want to listen to them

Nothing makes you look old faster than when you start pontificate if "the youth" have the same concerns and moral values as your generation, which is funny to me cause i see nuff people talk about how they "feel ancient" at the mention of ANYTHING they liked from when they were a kid

wild greens

Question how many of these youtuber/tik tok people you come across been Non-Americans? I ask because there's definitely been some people picking up the ticks of Yanks but i can't see this being some kind of epidemic

There are loads of British ones as well, 95% of the things aimed at kids on yt are exactly this personality. Its uncanny tbh, the games streamers as well- minecraft people, roblox people, all of them. I'm glad that lad found a term for them

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
There are loads of British ones as well, 95% of the things aimed at kids on yt are exactly this personality. Its uncanny tbh, the games streamers as well- minecraft people, roblox people, all of them. I'm glad that lad found a term for them

Yeah. Everything becomes more and more homogenous. Accents, sense of humor, mentality.

wild greens

I don't necessarily think its a youth thing tbh, though the kids channels are probably the worst culprit. Plenty of adults out there doing this weird shit too

You can even branch out and bring in those Famileigh dancing videos. That dad should be ashamed of himself

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

the appropriation of liiike and vocal fry

thank god their asinine, nasally, adenoidal tone isn’t here, yet

forclosure

I know there's people who don't exactly fit into the definitions of generation examples but the way their used now like its some kind of caste system when more often than not the studies based around the differences in generations are usually hot air and more often than not tied to consumption habits