luka

In fact I'm going to go to the Turkish shop across the road now and see if they've got any contraband ones smuggled in from the badlands of the near east.

wild greens

Club_Mate_Berlin_fullwidth-1024x597.jpg

Got on these one night a couple of years ago and couldn't sleep for about 12 hours afterwards it is delicious

luka

Ok I'll look out for that. That canned Yerba Mate I got from Holland Barrat was weak it didn't do nothing I'll get this one when I see it.

wild greens

Tbh that just reminds me of East London 2012-17. it was all over the place for a bit

I am just addicted to espressos now not sure what's worse

luka

The energy drinks give me a cleaner smoother high than the espressos I think. Maybe cos of all the sugars and taurine.

version

I drank loads of cups of tea once to see what the effect would be and it was horrendous. It was a Sunday afternoon and I rang all my mates to see if they wanted to do something and they were all like "nah, school tomorrow" and resorted to just pacing round the house until I stopped feeling like I was going to have a heart attack.

luka

I drank loads of cups of tea once to see what the effect would be and it was horrendous. It was a Sunday afternoon and I rang all my mates to see if they wanted to do something and they were all like "nah, school tomorrow" and resorted to just pacing round the house until I stopped feeling like I was going to have a heart attack.
You're the Hunter S Thompson of Accrington

Leo

Accrington

is that were you're from, @version? we once took a train up to a family do in Clitheroe, think we had to change in Preston or Blackburn or somewhere. Your neck of the wood? Preston was a bit grim, hope yours is nicer.

Ended up renting a car, ventured through the Yorkshire Dales and up to Durham, which was nicer.

woops

is not like other people
is that were you're from, @version? we once took a train up to a family do in Clitheroe, think we had to change in Preston or Blackburn or somewhere. Your neck of the wood? Preston was a bit grim, hope yours is nicer.

Ended up renting a car, ventured through the Yorkshire Dales and up to Durham, which was nicer.
I attended clitheroe grammar school for ⁷ years

• Wow
Reactions: Leo

luka

Version doesn't want anyone knowing where he's from cos he's a paranoid lunatic. But he is from Accrington.

luka

I grew up in a town called Burnley in east Lancashire. I'm not saying it's the grimmest place in the whole country but to my mind it's a strong contender.

First off, the weather. Burnley is an ex-cotton town (industry now obviously totally dead after it all went to India) and the story goes that cotton snaps less when there's a lot of moisture in the air, so they built the mills in the wettest part of the country. So it absolutely shits down at all times and is the only place I've ever been in my life where it rains horizontally

Second, it's half Muslim and there is zero integration, it's as though there were a line drawn down the middle of the town, BNP on one side and Islam on the other. Once our mate was stopped by the police while playing Asian Dub Foundation in his car and the police asked him "why are you playing paki music"

Third, the inhabitants of Burnley all wear a permanent gormless, slack-jawed expression as though they don't understand. I found them very small-minded and also violent of course, for example my brother had his arm broken on Christmas Eve in Blackburn (the next town along) this is no joke, Burnley is not far from Rochdale where there was the very sad case of Sarah Lancaster who was kicked to death simply for being dressed as a goth

someone mentioned cider drinking - there were some kids who used to hang out in a village called Whalley, one of them had a kid and i saw her down the park with a bottle of cider in the pram with the baby

In short not a place for people like me and I got out at the earliest opportunity.

Reactions: Leo