WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Paul Smith is a local face, everyone above a certain age in the city and beyond claims to a temp shift at one of his various sites, usually as a brag to claims of theft

Something weird has been happening to patterning and shirts for around 5 years. I know Biscetti loves an Edwin so check some of this lot out for idea abortions

martin

----
Don’t wear trainers with a suit, you’ll look like you never got over the Kaiser Chiefs.

If you want to wear a T-shirt with a suit, study old pics of The Specials carefully and copy them verbatim.
Waistcoat = wanker
*runs around wanking like a chimp* Seldom do so, but I did wear one to a funeral once and it looked great - like I was collecting rent with a pickaxe handle in Cricklewood in 1958.

catalog

At uni my friend bought me a leather waistcoat after a trip to goa. He was very taken with it and liked me to wear it on special occasions eg if we had z party at thd house. It was a weird enough piece of clothing even if it were not leather. Ditched it as soon as I could.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Um... what kind of "special occasions" are we talking about here? Are you saying he couldn't get an erection if you didn't wear it?

What's a Z party? I have never even heard of it, guess it's something really debauched.

You know the expression "the alpha and omega" of something, meaning to run the entire gamut of something from start to end?

I guess it must be similar in origin; Z being the last letter stands for the ultimate perversion? The final, unthinkable transgression.

"Catalog my slave, don your leather gimp jacket and nothing else, it's time...

"No master, please..."

"Yes! I'm gonna Z you mercilessly!"

That kind of thing?

catalog

I never got to the bottom of the fascination with that waistcoat. He also used to say the word in a funny way.

"wusttkuut"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I had a bespoke suit made last year, and yes, it included a waistcoat. But it was for my wedding, so I think that's allowed.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I never got to the bottom of the fascination with that waistcoat. He also used to say the word in a funny way.

"wusttkuut"

That actually made me laugh outloud for some reason. But the whole thing is actually a bit creepy.
People are very ignorant about how these situations work, how they come about and so on - of course a lot of people might ask "But why would you agree to be naked except for the leather wusstkuut he bought you?" or "Why did you want to get to his bottom?" but that just shows that they don't understand the nature of these kinds games or how power works.

catalog

I don't think I ever wore it naked or anything like that. None of that kind of business. It was more like we would have somd people over and he would give me this disappointed look, as if saying with his eyes "Where's your wusstkuut?" and he'd look so forlorn that I'd go and put it on and everyone would be like "that's a bit weird" but he had this massive smile.

I mean he's a very good friend, still one of my best mates. I've never asked him about it, maybe I should.

catalog

My other friend, we went to the CAMRA beer festival one time and there was a stall selling these t-shirts

kRUNpve.jpg

This was way back in maybe 1999 or 2000. And we joked about buying it and wearing it, he said he'd buy it me if I wore it. We didn't get it but often talked about it afterwards as a "what if".

So a few years later when I was living in hackney, there was another CAMRA beer festival at ocean nightclub and there was another stall selling these t-shirts.

So same friend was there with me and we were arse holed so he bought it for me and I duly obliged by changing into it.

Kept it on maybe an hour, got a lot of funny looks.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't think I ever wore it naked or anything like that. None of that kind of business. It was more like we would have somd people over and he would give me this disappointed look, as if saying with his eyes "Where's your wusstkuut?" and he'd look so forlorn that I'd go and put it on and everyone would be like "that's a bit weird" but he had this massive smile.

I mean he's a very good friend, still one of my best mates. I've never asked him about it, maybe I should.
I really think you should. Ignoring my idiocy it's actually a fascinating little eccentricity or idiosyncrasy in it's own right.

But before I get too deep in, are you just winding me up or it real? Although if you did make it up it's also interesting, it would be such a bizarre and specific thing to invent.

catalog

no it's all true. i'll ask him about it next time i see him. i know what he'll say though, he'll just evade the question and say somethin glike "cos it's cool" and then start on about something else entirely. he's very clever like that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My other friend, we went to the CAMRA beer festival one time and there was a stall selling these t-shirts

kRUNpve.jpg

This was way back in maybe 1999 or 2000. And we joked about buying it and wearing it, he said he'd buy it me if I wore it. We didn't get it but often talked about it afterwards as a "what if".

So a few years later when I was living in hackney, there was another CAMRA beer festival at ocean nightclub and there was another stall selling these t-shirts.

So same friend was there with me and we were arse holed so he bought it for me and I duly obliged by changing into it.

Haha, I've seen those for sale, and maybe even being worn. At beer festivals, of course.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Reminds me of the time I bought my best mate an official Hezbollah T-shirt while visiting Lebanon, not that he ever wore it, the ungrateful sod.

IdleRich

IdleRich
no it's all true. i'll ask him about it next time i see him. i know what he'll say though, he'll just evade the question and say somethin glike "cos it's cool" and then start on about something else entirely. he's very clever like that.
Well forewarned is forearmed they say. You have a good idea of what his move will be, why don't you start planning your response?

Like seriously, what are we trying to find out here? Your reply should be something like "well yeah, obviously it's cool, but there are lots of cool things out there and you don't buy them for me... if you like it so much why didn't you get it for yourself and if you feel so strongly that it needs to be represented at our house parties why don't you put it on yourself?".

I think those are pretty reasonable questions aren't they?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I mean, you have an enquiring mind, you've put together all kinds of fascinating projects and often they involved tracking people down and digging out hidden information about peculiar characters in weird bands or strange scenes - you're like a relentless bloodhound when you put your mind to it, I refuse to believe you can't extract every last drop of information about this mysterious waistcoat from someone who is an actual friend.

IdleRich

IdleRich

kRUNpve.jpg

This is a pretty good example of the difference between the Leave and Remain sides. When it comes to this sort of thing it feels that Remain have been hamstrung by a squeamishness, a reluctance to get their hands dirty. There were fucking loads of groups campaigning for Remain but I bet not one of them even considered making a t-shirt that said "Every single Brexiter is a thick cunt who is probably a bit racist" on it, and even if they did some wanker would have quashed it by saying "Oh we don't want to sink to their level".
Thing is we should have wanted Brexit even less.

catalog

I think that is true but also brexit voters managed to grab the terrain of "change" whereas remain was a kinda stationary, if it's not broke don't fix it, message? So it was a bit boring?

What's interesting about that t-shirt is that you've got this almost comically deformed looking bulldog, that is very small, pissing on this big euro and because they've been tight on the colour palette, his piss is the same colour as it.

So it's actually got this whole other level to it, seen in the context of what came after.

Also, worth mentioning that it was 2000 or thereabouts that I first saw it, and then maybe 2007 the second time around. Basically I mean it's a deep long running issue.

catalog

Well forewarned is forearmed they say. You have a good idea of what his move will be, why don't you start planning your response?

Like seriously, what are we trying to find out here? Your reply should be something like "well yeah, obviously it's cool, but there are lots of cool things out there and you don't buy them for me... if you like it so much why didn't you get it for yourself and if you feel so strongly that it needs to be represented at our house parties why don't you put it on yourself?".

I think those are pretty reasonable questions aren't they?

I mean, you have an enquiring mind, you've put together all kinds of fascinating projects and often they involved tracking people down and digging out hidden information about peculiar characters in weird bands or strange scenes - you're like a relentless bloodhound when you put your mind to it, I refuse to believe you can't extract every last drop of information about this mysterious waistcoat from someone who is an actual friend.

Well I'll bring it up and see what he says. But I'm not sure there's more of an ulterior motive other than "I bought you a present, now please wear it".

Like when I used to give a mix cd to a mate for his birthday and then ask if we could put it on.