IdleRich

IdleRich
Gonna ask another pointless serious question. What belts are good? I really like this snakeskin one that I got in a second hand shop in London (actually fakeskin I'd say), but it's fucked now and so I need a new one, what should I get?

336625914_171298605743267_1527803795079411641_n.jpg

Go on then you cunts, have at me, say the stupidest thing you can think of, I'm ready.

woops

is not like other people
Gonna ask another pointless serious question. What belts are good? I really like this snakeskin one that I got in a second hand shop in London (actually fakeskin I'd say), but it's fucked now and so I need a new one, what should I get?

View attachment 14815

Go on then you cunts, have at me, say the stupidest thing you can think of, I'm ready.
try braces instead?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Going back to the opening question...

Is there a sensible way to wear any clothes at all?
It's certain there is no sensible way to discuss it. At least for us. We're all either too insecure or simply want to make it very clear that we are far above such trivial concepts that we have to cloak any vaguely personal comments in protective irony. We are very happy to pile in on celebrities looking like cunts though - as we should be.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Reading back through the thread I see this post

it was really a one-of-a-kind place where they carried top high-end designers at discounted prices. some might have been production overruns, or samples, or unsold styles from the previous season. totally hit or miss, you'd often find great stuff but in only one or two sizes, and really limited quantities.

Reminds me of this little place in London that used to have designer stuff at knockdown prices - maybe second hand actually come to think of it. I got this pink/orange Margaret Howell jacket there for about a sixth of the price you'd expect

337126370_131694643207201_7315568870308961536_n.jpg

Also these ridiculous snakeskin Alexander McQueen shoes

337170419_4273063639584923_8036464686717666824_n.jpg

When I was in London over Christmas thought I would see if there was anything good there... but predictably enough it had vanished. Maybe for the best, I never wear those shoes and although I love the jacket it's only cold enough to wear it for three days a year in Portugal.

Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
Been thinking about this thread a lot lately... and some thoughts arose:

One thing was that Instagram guy getting all dressed up and flossing his clothes, aftershave etc And I looked at his "gram" and he seems to do that so often - maybe every day - to an extent which on my mind took him over a line from "annoying preening tosser" to someone having what appeared to be a kind of unhealthy and obsessive behaviour. Certainly to go through that sort of process regularly struck me as tiring, even exhausting, to the point where it must have long ago stopped being fun. And looking a bit further he starts talking about addiction - stealing his brother's birthday presents to sell for drugs, waking up in his own vomit and getting up to do it all again - and it clicked into place making perfect sense. Just like that fitness freak I mentioned earlier who had replaced drugs with working out it seems to suggest that one addiction had been replaced with another, hopefully more benign, one. And it also made me think about the guy a bit differently than in my first reaction.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I also started looking in detail at that Styleforum that someone linked to. I guess the idea is that anyone who thinks enough about style to join such a forum must automatically be stylish - but turns out to not be the case. Lots of pictures of the most incredibly bland outfits, cos of course one of the routes out of the childhood jeans and t-shirts to a sort of approved maturity is via blandness. And if you get a load of people celebrating and aspiring to this it ends up feeding back and reinforcing this as a target.

Oh and another thing I took from that forum is that those deemed to look bad are criticised for breaking or deviating from the 'rules' of fashion. I wonder if it's a male thing to seek the reassurance of rules even when they are being applied to the slippery idea of what is 'best' in fashion. I wonder if it's the confidence of being backed by rules that leads to people confidently showing off how boring they are - and then topping off the look by spending 20k on a watch.

It seems that fashion is quite like the art world in the way that it's something that is vaguely understood and often based on nothingness, plus it's filled with people blundering around pretending they understand better than they do.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Narrow shares>daft massive rounder aviators. Glasses and facial proportions are a whole universe of sharp lines and arcing softer panda eye picks

The kids bought me a pair of cheap red things but a pair of sunglasses can be like a quality old pair of shoes. Shoes ware out, glasses tend get fucked from so many daft apeth moves (might be a personal issue). Sitting on em, finding them mysteriously scratched in the dog‘s bed, finding them mysteriously broken under about 10 towels (tucked away as if you don’t clean), finding them down the toilet like the perpetrators just said fuck it let him sort it

Ephemeral objects, a thousand years from now there’ll be PhD’s on templates, materials, the “agency of sunglasses in shadow lands”, eye art, Morpheus mirror man, eye screening and privacy in public space, the unseen gaze

william_kent

watered down Miles if you ask me

0b981c54fecb22c75b9f4b5d29c40b2d.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
He does do some like that yeah.
My friend lives with one of Rick Owens' assistants, I probably shouldn't go into detail but he seems to have 'acquired' a few items that seem suspiciously out of his price range.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Once upon a time I had to explain "Diplo" to a friend... I'm afraid I went on a bit of a rant

edit: I found my explanation of Diplo:

edit: although it seems I forgot to include the Diplo Blackberry advert in my rant:

Diplo _ Blackberry Advert

"I love this elevator"

"my crew's, like, worldwide"

"lightning, zombies, and it drops right here"

WANKER!

edit: seems like I missed a trick in my Diplo rant and failed to refer to Snoop Dog as "Snitch Dog" *

* something Shug Knight and, more recently, Tekashi 69 would concur with.... just putting it out there

edit: I seem to have seen a few youtube confessional videos recently ( well, sometime last year ) where the timeline seems to go "Las Vegas", on guest list at a Diplo gig, don't get to have sex with Diplo, but then have appalling sex with a conjuror - is this a thing?

edit: I'm not sure how much I despise Dipshit is coming across, but I can assure you it is strong...

edit: I might not be able to fight his lawyers in court, but in person I will snap his neck.... and I'm a pacifist...

@Leo - you have triggered me!

Diplo has admitted that he was underwhelmed by this year’s Coachella lineup — and thinks the festival must be “having a hard time” booking headline acts.

The solo artist, DJ and songwriter — who has written and produced hits for stars including Beyoncé, Madonna, Britney Spears and Justin Bieber — shared his opinion of the 2023 instalment in a new interview.

According to Diplo, while the most recent headline acts, including Bad Bunny and BLACKPINK, are “cool”, they can’t be compared to previous headliners including Red Hot Chili Peppers and Daft Punk.

IdleRich

IdleRich
09BIG-RED-BOOT-03-vcth-superJumbo.jpg

shutterstock_editorial_13766772w.jpg

actually, they're uni-sex

mschf-big-red-boot-1.jpg
This is a company called Mschf. Igor telling me about them. They do loads of stupid stuff, like selling nfts of "famous" mouse which they intend to release next year when apparently Disney's copyright on their leading character expires.

Also they printed a load of F1 type kits with logos on them - Coca Cola, McDonald's etc - without permission and had a competition, or race if you will, to see which would sue first. Seems kinda funny.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"In 2020, the group released a dog collar called Cuss Collar (drop #15) that turns a dog's barking into spoken swear words"

IdleRich

IdleRich
He's this guy works for a mad scientist reanimating bodies...

Probably that MSCHF thing is old news to everyone, but new to me. Makes you think differently about those boots eh? No, wait a sec, they are still shit.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Weird phase for men

Big quiffs gone, mega white daps getting bigger, pastels beiges from blokes at work, it’s like people have forgotten to dress because Covid interrupted trend flows and no cunt knows which cue to take. Monstrosity shirts, weird trousers, flip flop sandal season too