Leo

do you wear socks even on warm summer days, as you sit in the sun composing poetry by the river?

luka

90% of the time. but i don't think we'll be doing days when its 30 and above anymore. it's not worth it. people are too listless and irritable to stop and we take massive sun damage.

Reactions: Leo

luka

italians are allowed to bare their ankles. english ankles should be kept under wraps.

Leo

Portuguese-American ankles are allowed around my neighborhood, even old ones.

mixed_biscuits

Today I bought an unusual and striking jacket which actually did what the adverts about fashion suggest fashion will do: within 20 minutes of wearing it I had been complimented by a woman shouting at me that she liked it, told by an enthusiastic man that there's a youtube channel with some guy who wears things like it, was accosted by another man who said he had wanted one and that I looked the dog's bollocks in it, and also had to field a number of interested looks from sundry people. It acted as some sort of fame simulator.

The only time I'd worn something anywhere near as arousing was when I donned my Ren and Stimpy jacket in Camden Town.

shakahislop

Today I bought an unusual and striking jacket which actually did what the adverts about fashion suggest fashion will do: within 20 minutes of wearing it I had been complimented by a woman shouting at me that she liked it, told by an enthusiastic man that there's a youtube channel with some guy who wears things like it, was accosted by another man who said he had wanted one and that I looked the dog's bollocks in it, and also had to field a number of interested looks from sundry people. It acted as some sort of fame simulator.

The only time I'd worn something anywhere near as arousing was when I donned my Ren and Stimpy jacket in Camden Town.

was it something like this? these reactions would make sense if so

large_000000.jpg

shakahislop

always interested in this kind of thing especially from a male perspective, these very practical things about how clothing makes people treat you

IdleRich

IdleRich
italians are allowed to bare their ankles. english ankles should be kept under wraps.

I think baring ankles is perfectly fine... but that said, I never ever do it.

This definitely does happen. My black pvc jacket always does this, but the weird thing was the gold jacket I wore on NYE which went mental on that day garnering compliments from someone begging outside Sainsbury, a uniformed police and the lead singer from Alabama 3... and then never ever again.

But we do need to see this jacket.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Peak male trouser crisis

Tailoring, colours, weird hems all with the whitest daps

Been going on a few years, technically a recession

Trousers are the hardest thing for me. I can't even visualise any trousers I would actually like. The best I can manage is functional really.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Have any of you seen those video things where they find people wearing completely bonkers clothing and ask them about their "fits"? I dunno if it's one channel that does it or loads - after all, all you need is an idiot with a mic and someone to film - but whenever I see one they pick someone who looks as n they were dressed by a blind person during an explosion in a designer warehouse.

They normally get ripped to pieces in the comments - and rightly so. I'm not one of those people who has a knee-jerk negative response to designer clothes, but these are people who clearly buy stuff purely by name and just throw it together without any thought to anything except cost and label. So they are proud of spending thousands and thousands to look complete clowns.

I thought of this cos of what I said above about trousers above. One of these fits had someone wearing the most extraordinary garment I have ever seen, though maybe not trousers but boots come to think of it.... yeah I reckon boots but the length of waders and maybe joined together too. They were kinda square, or in other words, each leg was enclosed in a straight oblong box from the ground to the upper thigh. And these "boxes" were really wide so you had to have your legs far apart, and - bizarrely! - they were really hairy so the overall effect was to make the wearer look like a yeti from the waist down, if yetis have legs that are just fat totally straight hairy columns.

I don't know if you could walk in these things. The guy was with a mate who had the stupidest clothes you've ever seen - but who looked relatively normal in this context. And they were stood there in a street in NY seemingly, though I dunno how theu got there. Oh yeah and they cost seventeen thousand dollars.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Join the brotherhood of the bootcut - timeless, effervescent, *quite tricky to iron

*fuckin brutal god tier taskscape, if you don’t iron them inside out you can inadvertently iron a false seam into the outer leg and not much else in life looks as sunshine bus status update

luka

craner is a passionate devotee of the bootcut. his bootcut collection numbers over 65 individual items dating back to 1996