Words and phrases to cancel

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A bit like when Jesus delivered the Experience-Centred Narrative on the Mount, really.
Actually, that's another one right there: nothing these days is ever done, made, provided or accomplished, but 'delivered'.

shakahislop

'cancelled' is a neologism that is in some ways quite vague, really something that serves the purpose for this new phenomonen. 'made a pariah' i guess would be the old formulation.

woops

is not like other people
'cancelled' is a neologism that is in some ways quite vague, really something that serves the purpose for this new phenomonen. 'made a pariah' i guess would be the old formulation.
excommunicated or in the context of the thread title retired

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i use boss a lot. i've never worked out if it originated in south asia or if it originated in the UK. coz south asians love it, everyone from pakistan to bangladesh seems to use it. but its also fairly normal to hear from people in the uk without such roots. i reckon it's south asian.

Turks as well.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Every forum needs a villain, you should be honoured. A couple of years ago it was the formerly fearsome @thirdform but now he's kind of tolerated, his routine has become enjoyable, cute, he's a lovable rogue and in a way.. toothless. you still have power

no I just cannot be bothered to argue with Luke's complete lack of aesthetic appreciation for the higher pleasures in life. Salsoul and funk is cancelled and Oasis is the in thing. Proves nothing, real lads find Gallagher to be a poseur anyway. It's Craner and Benny's fault for destroying the collected and cool London attitude of the forum through their imbecillic alcoholism and democratism.

blissblogger

I don't think it necessarily needs to be cancelled but I have noticed this use of the word "across" - bureaucratic / business world / governmental lingo for being on top of a problem or some bit of implementation that needs doing. "It's okay, Julian's across this". "Guys, we need to be across this".

woops

is not like other people
I don't think it necessarily needs to be cancelled but I have noticed this use of the word "across" - bureaucratic / business world / governmental lingo for being on top of a problem or some bit of implementation that needs doing. "It's okay, Julian's across this". "Guys, we need to be across this".
I'm gonna see this everywhere now

william_kent

directions and orientation are important to management - my lot are using "shift left" * as a phrase for dumping their work on to underlings - and of course they are always going on about "going forward", it's like a space filler with them, instead of going "erm" they can just insert "going forward'..meaningless **

*"shift left" is actually an abuse of software / dev ops ( another abused term ) jargon, but what do they care

** I once printed out a a bullshit bingo card for one "town meeting" and counted one inhabitant of the "C-suite" using "going forward" at least 30 times within a 20 minute period, I ran out of space for the x's because I only used A4 paper

tldr; can we please cancel "going forward"?

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
directions and orientation are important to management - my lot are using "shift left" * as a phrase for dumping their work on to underlings - and of course they are always going on about "going forward", it's like a space filler with them, instead of going "erm" they can just insert "going forward'..meaningless **

*"shift left" is actually an abuse of software / dev ops ( another abused term ) jargon, but what do they care

** I once printed out a a bullshit bingo card for one "town meeting" and counted one inhabitant of the "C-suite" using "going forward" at least 30 times within a 20 minute period, I ran out of space for the x's because I only used A4 paper

i watched an interview with sleaford mod last night and he was going forward

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Dissensus was, as ever, ahead of the curve.

william_kent

I almost posted a complaint about advance tipping deliveroo riders who, sometimes, don't deserve a tip in another thread and almost typed "first world problems" but then I came to my senses and I have cancelled myself...