Benny Bunter

But funky was better than bassline so it ate it though tbf it did regroup as uk bass later which has led to garage revival. I had nothing to do with that one and have no interest in it

One day I will make a mixcloud to document the golden era DJ Q radio sets circa 2011-2015 when the UK Bass thing (if that's what we're gonna call it) of mashing up the garage, grime, bassline, jackin etc of the day was actually really, really good and became more than the sum of its parts. Only he could do it properly though.

wild greens

As much as I banged on about the grime to funky stepladder it is also worth mentioning the bassline to deep tech one, or the funky to deep tech one, or someone like X5 Dubs who made all three and is still out there banging I think
Must admit i didnt quite make it to deep tech, wasn't really young enough to jump into those raves then, class a: a very distant memory, in my own bubble at the time, think I'd just had a kid etc

But what a banger this is. Very little tops it from that scene for me. I think its mostly done now anyway? Just another stop on the road

Benny Bunter

Agree X5 dubs and drunk in love remix in particular is the peak of deep tech. I'm sure I've said this before in here that version of DIL is amaaaazing.

wild greens

I was 13 and we were off on holiday to Florida. This almost bankrupted my ma & da but keeping up with the joneses and all that. Anyway a few days in the theme parks then we drove down to Siesta Key on the coast, my little brother buzzing because there was about 100 wrestling shows on the telly, i was reading American Tabloid which seems mad now but I'd grabbed it in the airport as a book for the plane and somehow persuaded me mum to let me read it. My head was chocker, didn't know what was going on with that book to be quite honest. Great though
Anyway, it was a few years after this actual tune had come out but we were running round one of the malls and come across a record shop, there was a dance section and i see this DJ DB CD, big jungle sticker on it, "history of our world," boss drawing of a robot on it, ay dad lets get this
Honestly the weirdest drive home going, my brother in the back abar six at the time, my dad in this big rental Chrysler, struggling to get into this you know.
Yanks aren't great at dance music really but quite clean quick mixes between English tunes, he does reasonably well.
This is a fucking mental tune this anyway, i can only listen to a very brief period in jungle, always sampled drums, nothing post like 95, much more the rave end

All about the vocal kicking in at 1:40 i can sing that word for word to this day. The tune it samples is a good laugh as well (0:50 ish)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Drunk in love is a banger for sure I'd still put Made U Look remix or Know My Name Remix as the quintessential deep tech but what do I know

wild greens

I am certainly not a jungle connoisseur and these are the only two i will post but this is by far my favourite jungle tune without question, love it.

Will try and jump into some grime in a minute and get to 30 tonight