Benny Bunter

Drunk in love is a banger for sure I'd still put Made U Look remix or Know My Name Remix as the quintessential deep tech but what do I know

Wet dollars and tempz dancing to promesses are the anthems that stick in the mind

All these plus Just Say Nothing, Nothing To Fear and Our Kind (murder on the dancefloor remix) but Drunk in Love is the perfect selection if you just had to pick one

wild greens

Lets do a Nasty Jack- "Shotta Music" post. I will prefix this by saying the only person I know who met him said he was fucking mental, which is great obviously
This was ages ago now obviously but it was a massive change to see him lean into the "yardie flow" or whatever, and to put out a cohesive decent project after just being your average floating radio MC before, and being out the game for so long. I believe Logan Sama got hold of some of them and made him try and put a whole thing together, which is why he hosts it, though there is a no-DJ version of the first as well
Anyway it was the bollocks this tape, absolutely unbelievable at the time, hadnt been a good grime tape in ages then all of a sudden you've got this dancehall style mad tape. Even my ex's dad was buying into it, ex 80s Lewisham youth club sound boy, so good

The second one was great as well but there wasn't a no-DJ version of it and you can't be DJing with Logan's voice all over your set. Egotistical cock block that one, don't like it

Edit- though the above is true if it was Logan who willed it into existence then i guess you can't take it away from him, thought it is selfish and actually unfair on NJ really

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

Can't believe you chose that. @john eden put me on to this as it happens, he did a blog about it.

Listened to an interview with nasty jack once about how he went tooled up onto the stage when he had a beef with Wiley, all ready to shoot him, and Wiley took him aside and said what are you doing it's all just a game and he came to his senses. Or something like that, funny interview anyway and he seems like a pretty safe guy and an authentic nutcase.

I love the one with Skepta on that tape and there's a few other proper old school dancehall ones on there that are so well done.

wild greens

Great album this one, very expensive. Parts of it touching Max vibes

Edit- no idea what i was on about last night, will re-draft and come again

Last edited:

luka

its great this list, it's genius even though almost every single tune is fucking awful. i think its cos greens is about 3 or 4 years younger than me. we don't sync up.

wild greens

Let's try and bang out some more of these this morning and get into the 20s soon, i need this albatross off my neck
There are probably 5 or 6 really big funky vocals that could have done a lot better if you had all the streaming and that. This one was massive when it first started getting played then the vinyl dropped too late and the video Relentless made for it is a bit shit as well. Plus the young trolls got hold of the comments almost immediately and did about 50 big nose jokes, bit harsh really
Anyway who cares money is transient anyway eh.

I think i still know all the words to this. Great bassline

wild greens

29 - 27 (& 27a)

Tell meee i need to know

Obviously made Paleface & Kyla far more money than the original Do You Mindever did so I can't begrudge them it really but this was such a big tune in the raves when it came out and its a tragedy what Drake did to it, just sucked the life out of it i think
Mad to think just how many big tunes Crazy Cousinz had that were basically the same formula but it was a good one. I think the Go remix was better tbh but Do You Mind was the big one wasnt it
Inflation obviously really big as well but we always preferred the inspiration, Mirror Dance, which was another one of those re-appropriated ones (spelling?). You had to pitch it up loads though
Bodydrummin was one of those dubbage style tunes that you occasionally heard on the Circle shows, feel like someone did an edit of it so it got to that bit where it says "the body" a lot quicker? But i can't find that so its 27a instead

wild greens

One more of the mallet-ish bangers, great bassline love to mix this. Think there was a shit MC vocal of it as well (was there any other kind). Anyway, bangs