A catalog in america

catalog

I am coming to America!

Im hoping immigration won't figure who I am based on "death to America" posts.

My itinerary is

3-7 March baltomore

7-11 LA

11-16

AUSTIN

17-19 HOUSTON

Apart from staying at @linebaugh patents house for thd Texas bit, and skydiving on acid for the Los Angeles bit, I am sort of fre.

So gimme some suggestions

linebaugh

in houston the museum district is very nice. Go to the Menil and the twombly gallery and the rothko chapel and just walk around.

In austin Id just drink and eat. thats what the town is set up to do. Walk around the down town area near 6th street and congress and people watch. Id start at the mohawk and work my to 2nd street. if you dont want to drink might as well stay in. there are parks that are nice for the people living there but nothing really touristy.

LA also weird. Not sure what youre supposed to do there but the food was amazing. If you can get a car Id drive through the nice neighborhoods. I liked venice beach

Leo

go to an Orioles game at Camden Yards. you'll be bored out of your skull but the beers are huge and you can stuff your face with decent food, yell at the opposing team (or home team, if you want to have even more fun).

william_kent

@catalog here's that tourist guide to Bodymore I was telling you about at the Great Northern Dissensus Meetup tonight:

CharlieBo313 - BALTIMORE TRENCHES AT NIGHT

@
1:33 particularly chilling, CharlieBo313 ( he's from Detroit, the HARDEST city ) has a hood pass that almost gives access all areas, but at this point I almost feared for his life

shakahislop

if you're into contemporary art LA has a lot of it. i got one glimpse of the gallery thing there, a place called Underground Museum, and one of the gallery girls came over to me and asked me what i thought of the piece, which was essentially nothing because it made no sense to me whatsoever, and that turned into an hour of chat about race and justice in the us. no idea if that was a one off or if its reflective of how galleries work there in general but that would never happen in a million years in new york or anywhere else really i think. i thought the Broad was great, although obviously if you're not into contemporary art then all of the above isn't relevant. if you're up for it it's totally doable to go for a walk around compton.

catalog

the itinerary is cos i got a free flight to attend sxsw the interactive xr strand, cos of the trees and AI thing i'm sort of working on.

and the other places i added on cos it's where relatives live... i've got others in chicago and nyc, but these are the ones i've not seen for a long time. an i've never been to LA and want to go.

luka

theres that good story about mike davis telling his students its fine to walk around any ghetto in LA they will only meet lovely welcoming people so one of his students (a tongan prince if i recall correctly) immediately plunges into the night and gets stabbed ends up in critical condition.

catalog

I heard its a city not really made for walking. But I want to go to the public library where bukowski discovered fante and wander around there a bit.

And I want to go to chick fillet.

And get a really big icey drink.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
theres that good story about mike davis telling his students its fine to walk around any ghetto in LA they will only meet lovely welcoming people so one of his students (a tongan prince if i recall correctly) immediately plunges into the night and gets stabbed ends up in critical condition.
Presumably his assailant could tell he was a prince and thus, out of respect, merely stabbed him instead of shooting him.