spiral tribe - the good bits

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
brain snow wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:10 am
yoyo - was your Dad still there in the morning? any idea what happened to him?
Yes he was. He very kindly put my stuff in the wash as I was still tripping pretty hard. We went out and bought some food to cook for dinner on Sunday.

This whole affair was very disturbing to me tbh, I have zero recollection of anything and don’t know why what happened did.
HE PISSED ON YOU

END OF STORY

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Nice to see Chris Liberator gave him twenty quid like that... no, wait it was 20p. Maybe acid techno not as lucrative as I thought.

They get really offended when us more inclined to chicago and detroit (or hardcore, even) spell it 'acid tekno.' They can't face the fact that their music has nothing to do with (for example) Mike Dearborne/djax and is in fact endless hardfloor rip offs, an idea hardfloor had in fact abandoned by around 95 or so.

I've said this before but as much as people want to deny it, there has always been a twiddly hippie trancey dimension to punk subcultures.

Techno purists don't need to suck on some wannabe hard house. This is real acid bitch!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Some cool tunes tipped in this thread. I need to listen properly in more detail. This is gonna piss you off I'm afraid but I thought that, to name one that grabbed me straight away, the Diesel M tune is something I could play to Portuguese hipsters, except I would pitch it down by about thirty percent. Sorry.

The Roland Caspar just before it is also good. And this leads me to suspect that there are others I will dig when I have a chance to go through the others

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Some cool tunes tipped in this thread. I need to listen properly in more detail. This is gonna piss you off I'm afraid but I thought that, to name one that grabbed me straight away, the Diesel M tune is something I could play to Portuguese hipsters, except I would pitch it down by about thirty percent. Sorry.

No don't! do a jeff mills, spin back the 125 tune and then go full tilt into 170, then spin back into 125

IdleRich

IdleRich
They get really offended when us more inclined to chicago and detroit (or hardcore, even) spell it 'acid tekno.'
You'll just have to hope they don't seek redress for that offence. Imagine a nightmarish scenario in which they brought their financial might to bear on you, some kind of vindictive multi-million pence lawsuit.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nice one, I will check it out cos I've been with people all these last few days and I haven't been able to really listen to stuff without interrupting whatever they are doing. But gonna head home in a minute and listen through this thread, then that mix. I liked that Turkish one too I should say.

But yeah I just do - not particularly originally - enjoy the strange effect you can sometimes get by slowing things a lot. That Diesel M one was YouTube and I meant to slow it by 25% but first I actually accidentally slowed it TO 25% ie by 75% which was a different kind of weird again, exacerbated by the crudeness of however YT does it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
i mostly experienced the freeparty thing from a distance (had maybe the best night of my life at a spirals party held
at prague's cibulka, helped out with one of their shows in the US), but having been heavily into the crusty/squatter thing prior
to becoming obsessed with dance music, it spoke to me in a way no other rave subculture did.

liked their aesthetic, thought Network 23 was a pretty good label, and loved a lot of the music i associated with the
scene (90s frenchcore + breakcore, mostly), tho i agree that most of the actual Spiral Tribe branded stuff is almost
comically bad, especially this recentish "reunion" release:

here are a couple of my favorite ketno junts:

this mix was also big for me, once upon a time:

always thought explore toi had a uniquely schizophrenic energy i've never seen elsewhere in dance:

venerable SFO crew who still do good work, and don't receive half the credit they deserve:

I dig that Ice Age one, you could say the beat is kinda plodding but all the stuff around it more than makes up for that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
They get really offended when us more inclined to chicago and detroit (or hardcore, even) spell it 'acid tekno.' They can't face the fact that their music has nothing to do with (for example) Mike Dearborne/djax and is in fact endless hardfloor rip offs, an idea hardfloor had in fact abandoned by around 95 or so.

I've said this before but as much as people want to deny it, there has always been a twiddly hippie trancey dimension to punk subcultures.

Techno purists don't need to suck on some wannabe hard house. This is real acid bitch!

Love these

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Love these

I have a lot of this kinda stuff. will post some more up here.

DJ HMC - Freakin'

Woody Mcbride - Greg Metzker.

Like a Tim - Dicka War

some of the grungiest acid ever made, spirals don't know shit.

Neil Landstrumm - Squeeze

X-crash - Mirror Obsession

DJ ESP - Wet Dirt

Def need to pitch this one down but you will get something seriously grungey.

Maximum Peak - Overload

Even Chris Liberator said this record hugely influenced him. Played by Dave Angel and some of the more techno orientated pirates like chillin fm. Might have gotten played by Warlock on Pulse actually!

imo he ripped this record off and based a career on it but never came close to this lysergic dark Dutch brainfuck but that is that.

and of course

Having more to do with neubauten type industrial intensity than techno proper.
Walker - DJ.ungle fever 001 - proper paranoid acid.

catalog

I listened to about half of thirdforms mix the other day and liked it. Is there a lot of blending going on? Sounds like it

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
What pisses me off about ST is chucking 50 notes into a documentary maker’s gofundme about free parties and never being able to access an actual screening (Aaron Trinder I’m looking at you). Got sent some stickers instead, ta