the Fentanyl age - provenance, power and the politics of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@catalog the moral panic hasn’t even really begun, too much denial in key institutions. 100,000 US deaths a year and a dire, cumbersome enforcement response with its own peculiar agendas? Those are big numbers

2016- 2018 were transitional years for supply in Britain increasing. A lot of busts are, admittedly, pillocks who’ve ordered online and immediately out of their depth, whereas most organised suppliers I‘ve known have gravitated to steadier port locations on the east coast, eg Essex and Kent, before moving back home to set up shop with a supply route established

Moving with the flow to get a steadier source via sea routes is commitment but the lid has been open on this genie for a while. It’s not Gin Alley and it isn’t a moral panic, we have a genuine ocean of early mortality for some of the most vulnerable groups alive and someone is profiting - dependence is a form of control

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
you are missing the point - tea is saying it's all relative. today fentanyl, yesterday gin. he's saying it's a moral panic, the hand wringing is manufactured
Oh, I'm sure - but with a lot of these things, I think the fun bit gets gradually less fun over time, and the "just need something to stop me shaking, hallucinating and explosively shitting myself" aspect takes over.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yes humans love intoxicants but the pharmacology of gin and fentanyl are vastly different and their social domains are vastly different
I wasn't trying to draw a direct analogue between alcoholism and opioid dependence - I'm sure you could write us an essay on the similarities and differences - just pointing out that the phenomenon of a drug that's sufficiently cheap, powerful and widely available that even someone of very modest means could, if they chose (or felt compelled), be fully out of it 24/7 is not a new one.

Reactions: sus

luka

Mrs. Tea on her man's cooking.
"i can't help but infuse tea's sexuality with his dinner of the day entries. bloated sex with casserole farts flying out of all sorts of orifices, mushroom pate still on your finger tips."

• Sad
Reactions: sus

version

iii

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I wasn't trying to draw a direct analogue between alcoholism and opioid dependence - I'm sure you could write us an essay on the similarities and differences - just pointing out that the phenomenon of a drug that's sufficiently cheap, powerful and widely available that even someone of very modest means could, if they chose (or felt compelled), be fully out of it 24/7 is not a new one.

an essay would be wasted but to summarise the main differences are mortality rates, sure you get this?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
it’s reductive, simplistic and wrong and I’m equally surprised that you, as an opiate user, would be so reductive tbh, actually I’m not surprised because you just played wankeroo reacharound with Biscuits for 2&half years, you’re primed!

Burma/China border area had a meth production presence, not so much fentanyl as is broadcast, why not engage with the supply debate you div Tea

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it’s reductive, simplistic and wrong and I’m equally surprised that you, as an opiate user, would be so reductive tbh, actually I’m not surprised because you just played wankeroo reacharound with Biscuits for 2&half years, you’re primed!

Burma/China border area had a meth production presence, not so much fentanyl as is broadcast, why not engage with the supply debate you div Tea
Fucking hell, why do you always to fight me? I haven't even contradicted you and you're telling me I'm wrong and a grotesquely ugly freak.

Anyway I'm off for the night before I waste any more of this remaining buzz getting my face chewed off for no reason.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Passed out on a train loo throwing a whitey

”get him off me he’s talking all aggressive“ flapping at loo roll (like they have any)

Status
Not open for further replies.