Desarme with Lizatron, Panda Bear, Sonic Boom etc 13th May, Quartel Largo Residencias

IdleRich

IdleRich
Lizatron is opening for Panda Bear?!?!
I've realised that you can tell what age or which generation they're from depending on whether they say "Wow, Panda Bear!" or "Wow, Sonic Boom!" - I mean, surely the latter is a far more iconic figure in music history than Panda Bear can ever hope to me... or does that just mean that I am old?

IdleRich

IdleRich
If anyone is interested in the details, this is a new party that is gonna be run by Liza, Miguel and the guys from that band with a gong whose t-shirt you wanted @Leo (and whose name I can never remember).

I think the first two are in this place, and that it's gonna take place in a different place each time, they've got some amazing, interesting and often historical venues planned out for the first few and some great guests confirmed already plus some more gaps to fill in. Obviously though they're gonna do well to match Sonic Boom and Panda Bear, plus by all accounts Alicia Carrera - who is a DJ from Spain - is really good though I've never heard her.

As usual Liza is basically doing all the work and most of the others are arguing and nitpicking. So this guy Borja (Bruxizme) just keeps moaning about the wording of the Instagram posts and, hilariously, he twice had a go at Liza for putting them up an hour earlier or later than agreed... and then it turned out that he hadn't put up a single one of the posters he'd been supposed to put up all round town more than two weeks ago!

Today there was a big drama cos he was listed bottom of the bill. Liza said she tried to be as neutral as possible and just copied the same order as on the flyer - but he claimed that the standard procedure is to reverse the flyer order so it's fair and she should have known that.

It's gonna be fun to see how this shakes out over the next few months... for me anyway, perhaps not so much for those involved...

Reactions: Leo

luka

I've realised that you can tell what age or which generation they're from depending on whether they say "Wow, Panda Bear!" or "Wow, Sonic Boom!" - I mean, surely the latter is a far more iconic figure in music history than Panda Bear can ever hope to me... or does that just mean that I am old?
never heard of either of them tbh