Otis reading - these arms of mine

luka

The obvious answer is about being too self aware and mediated and affected etc
primacy of the self. not mediated by the awareness of the billion other people identical in every respect to you. same experiences. same responses. paste people infinitely dispensible and replaceable.

But I was listening to Otis and crying the other day, almost angry at how beautiful it was and kind of out of reach

luka

That sounds over the top I know but it’s fucking true and I know you feel it too
yeah i grew up with this stuff and it shaped my sensibility and made me the romantic thridform always bullies me for being but it's not how we feel today is it

luka

Leo

anyone with an average voice can be a star, as long as you have that sexy vocal psychedelia.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah i grew up with this stuff and it shaped my sensibility and made me the romantic thridform always bullies me for being but it's not how we feel today is it

hey there's nothing wrong the sensibility it's that shiels should be able to subject it to his mastery.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
anyone with an average voice can be a star, as long as you have that sexy vocal psychedelia.

On the surface this is a kneejerk take but there is truth in it. In that people are developing their vocal abilities in service of the autotune software. Misuse of technology. This isn't a value judgment though.

Leo

On the surface this is a kneejerk take but there is truth in it. In that people are developing their vocal abilities in service of the autotune software. Misuse of technology. This isn't a value judgment though.

it's an ok use of technology, but when it become the dominant method, you lose the natural soul of the unadulterated great voice and human vocal stylings.