Forgetting quarantine

mixed_biscuits

But also lol at you and other leftists especially, who spend all their lives claiming to be activists, revolutionaries with endless idea for collective action, suddenly losing all their spunk when bossed about by a portly Etonian.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
No need to text anyone. Just behave according to what you think the rules should be.

But also lol at you and other leftists especially, who spend all their lives claiming to be activists, revolutionaries with endless idea for collective action, suddenly losing all their spunk when bossed about by a portly Etonian.
What the fuck are you even gibbering on about?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Being lectured on "actual fascism" by biccies is like being... well I can't be arsed to think of an amusing simile here, but you get the point, I'm sure.

luka

should we do a biscuits thread? analyse biscuits? try and get to the bottom of him. some people eg shaka and version think he don't beleive the things he says, but i think he does. ive got a cousin that thinks covid was a hoax and global warming is a scam etc so i know it's possible for humans to end up in these positions.
im sure we've all got our own theories on how he got this way

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think also think he's a true believer. I don't think anyone is nuts enough to put that much effort into making a group of people falsely think they're a raging far-right knob-end.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i reckon im doing much more of this sort of thing. i reckon everyone is. it could be the vaccine eroding our brains, or more likely it's the 5g.
The only plausible explanation for us all being more susceptible to daft conspiracy theories about vaccines and 5G is chemtrail exposure.

sssoft

I feel like one major lasting impact of lockdown for me was my relationship to my dad/football.

lost my dad’s dad to covid during one of the lockdowns (feel like the whole period has blurred together for me now). I had moved to Denmark a couple months before the pandemic started, and I couldn’t go back home to visit him in hospital/attend the funeral. my dad is on the autism spectrum and didn’t want to talk directly about it. I felt really useless being so far away and not being able to be there for him, and because we were both in lockdown there was nothing for us to speak about aswell because we were both just sitting at home all day

so then I made a huge effort to start following leeds united cause he’s always been super into football (I hadn’t cared since I stopped playing when I was around 16) and I think it was following football that got me through the majority of covid. it gave me a concept of time and the passing of days and something to look forward to (eg ok just gotta get through 3 days until the game on Saturday), but it also gave us something to talk about regularly which didn’t involve putting him under the pressure of trying to deal with his grief. I could feel close to him and like I was somewhat there for him despite the distance between us

I follow Leeds super closely still and it’s been a really great thing for me and my dads relationship

(also since this is my first post after lurking for 2 years I just wanna say thanks a lot to you all for all your effort and contributions, I’m really grateful for this place)

mixed_biscuits

Did you not complain about this at the time because any dissenters were being characterised by the government as extremists(?), the same characterisation that only a couple of posts later you are slipping back into again, like a bowling ball falling into a gutter. Are you not ashamed of being that easy to manipulate, and that ineffective about things that you now claim to be important?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
should we do a biscuits thread? analyse biscuits? try and get to the bottom of him. some people eg shaka and version think he don't beleive the things he says, but i think he does. ive got a cousin that thinks covid was a hoax and global warming is a scam etc so i know it's possible for humans to end up in these positions.
im sure we've all got our own theories on how he got this way

six words: k-punk nick land provincial rave music.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Didn't you only just call the government 'weirdly authoritarian', and say that it was 'unforgivable' that people could not visit their terminally ill relatives?

Did you not complain about this at the time because any dissenters were being characterised by the government as extremists(?), the same characterisation that only a couple of posts later you are slipping back into again, like a bowling ball falling into a gutter. Are you not ashamed of being that easy to manipulate, and that ineffective about things that you now claim to be important?
'Authoritarian' is not a synonym for 'fascist', is it?