by Edmund Davie
1746639.jpg

8 August 2023, 7.30PM
Royal Sovereign,
64 Northwald Road,
London E5

sufi

lala
Do remember dont forget tonight on the numerologically auspicious moment of 8PM on the 8th of the 8th 2023 at the Sovereign,

See you later on

luka

i'd be interested to know what people make of it. i don't have one yet. sadly. edmund can be an irritating and aloof poet. but i enjoyed his reading a great deal. there's something in there but i'm fairly serious in what i say in the blurb. it doesn't do any of the things you might expect poetry to do in the same way that his music does none of the things you might expect music to do.

luka

it's an unusual career arc for a poetry. no interest in poetry till he started making money from it. and till this day the only poet he's ever looked at is jh prynne.

luka

you'll never find an idea in edmunds writing. theres no abstraction. you might occassionaly extract a feeling. possibly. you won't really find things. the physical existing world pretty much never intrudes. so it's hard to say what it's doing, or thinks it's doing.

luka

it doesn't look, or listen, or feel as a rule. it;s not remotely inclined to mysticism. i don't really know what to make of them if im perfectly honest.