enjoy! WORD TRADE Book Launch Event 8/8/23

luka

in my world poets know something. im a poet cos i was born a poet and i know poet things. you can find those things out by reading what i write. im a magical elf. edmund is very obviously not a magical elf.

luka

im not saying any of this to slag off the book im trying to communicate a sense of its mystery and obdurateness. there's no way in because there is no in.

jenks

thread death
he's pretty much the exact opposite of a magical elf.
I wish that had been on the front cover.

I liked the middle sections the best. For me they were the ones where there was an attempt to appeal to the ear and the heart. I find some of the smaller ones too sealed, too impenetrable to dig out much. But that’s my problem - much as I can’t get much out of Prynne. Maybe I just like a longer line, there’s more room in there. And, I was surprised (and I don’t know why it should surprise) some tender moments in there.

luka

he feels things. some people say autistics don't have feelings but he's probably got more than a human really needs to have.

luka

in theory. but i don't have a copy. maybe i can do a few early ones cos i have the pamphs

luka

i said to edmund any time you ignore reality it will take its revenge it will sink its teeth into you. i'd just had a weed binge in mid winter and my hot water stopped working and my cooker stopped working. just cold food and cold showers. thats what you get. it will do it every time. never ignore reality.

wektor

i said to edmund any time you ignore reality it will take its revenge it will sink its teeth into you. i'd just had a weed binge in mid winter and my hot water stopped working and my cooker stopped working. just cold food and cold showers. thats what you get. it will do it every time. never ignore reality.
this is likely one of the wisest things you have ever said

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Starting to wonder if the delivery is just taking a long time, or if the agents of Control have seized it as cerebral contraband.