Grime doc on BBC

Yes I enjoyed. Well pacedand good context set in the first half especially, some real funny lines too. I always think reflective docs miss a trick by not getting people together more, just one guy on cam but I suppose it’s a hard thing to arrange

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Rhythm Division now being a coffee shop called Zealand — PERFECT

Was interested when Slimzee pitched the jungle tune down to 33, wondered how often he did that and what role that played in forming certain strains of grime

Main techno club in Belfast when I was a kid was shine - guy who runned it talked to me a lot and said Laurent garnier played a full set of d&b at 33 in 2003-2004 and how everyone loved it

rubberdingyrapids

seeing jammer twenty years on from murkle man. TWENTY YEARS ON! what a way to feel old. ending made me feel unsure where grime is at or headed (stormzy doesnt count), if anywhere, though that might not matter (i also have no clue as im totally out the loop), as this is about the past. those pirate radio scenes are still as incredible as ever.

There’s something unique about jammer in his willingness to be the hype man for it all despite his own fame and aspirations

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Yes - they did a decent job of it (apparently it was completed in 2019) - good to see at last Dizzee biggin up Wiley, I liked the bit where Grooverider laughed at Fabio for pontificating on Jungle

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Rewatched this last night with a mate. Really good.

90s (and even 00s) London looks so much cooler than London is now - thanks to gentrifying fucks like me i suppose

Said mate showed me this afterwards which I've never seen and is hilarious (TLDR: Big H hasn't written any bars about p money and keeps running out of bars and ends up storming off stage etc.)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
We were drunk and excitable so we ended up listening to a lot of grime (not a genre i know much about), stuff like this