WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@mixed_biscuits you’re aware of the demand for mental health support workers including therapists and the shortfall in supply for such key workers?

you’re talking more shit than ever, dependence is pushing ssri’s on people instead of listening and let’s be perfectly honest here, you don’t exactly have a proven track record yourself when it comes to listening

“debate is idiot distraction” - remember, I’m not tea

anyway, back to The Left…..

mixed_biscuits

Yeah, I've got a friend who would occasionally use me to get important hitherto secret things off his chest. To be fair, what I did generally did was to respond like an ersatz therapist - therapy is so ubiquitous that it constipates what would otherwise be more spontaneous and human reactions.

mixed_biscuits

you’re talking more shit than ever, dependence is pushing ssri’s on people instead of listening and let’s be perfectly honest here, you don’t exactly have a proven track record yourself when it comes to listening
I like that RD Laing fella; he knows how to listen

sufi

lala
a-ha, I spy a graph

on a Friday night of all things, ok I’ll be your huckleberry
there should be a beautiful arborescense, a tree diagram of all the therapists, because it's structurally contagious in that to give therapy you have to receive, so there must be branches and elegant whorls and so on in the map of those relationships? is there one excellently balanced person at the top of it all, or maybe there are a few of them since each must need someone to minister to them
it's like a ponzi scheme of mass transference, interconnecting reaction formations, trauma dumping up and down the chain

sufi

lala
there should be a beautiful arborescense, a tree diagram of all the therapists, because it's structurally contagious in that to give therapy you have to receive, so there must be branches and elegant whorls and so on in the map of those relationships? is there one excellently balanced person at the top of it all, or maybe there are a few of them since each must need someone to minister to them
it's like a ponzi scheme of mass transference, interconnecting reaction formations, trauma dumping up and down the chain
needless to say i am one of the contributors to this thread who hasnt done it

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

more of a labyrinth than a tree, unless you’re Rambo

version

There are some alarming people training to be therapists. I saw a screenshot the other day of a woman on TikTok describing herself as a "Barbie" and listing all the mental illnesses "this Barbie has" then capping it off with how she's now a qualified therapist...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There are some alarming people training to be therapists. I saw a screenshot the other day of a woman on TikTok describing herself as a "Barbie" and listing all the mental illnesses "this Barbie has" then capping it off with how she's now a qualified therapist...
Is there some benefit, do you think, in simply being reminded that there are people in the world much madder than you?

DannyL

Wild Horses
I would ask "qualified how"? I mean, where did she do her training etc.

DannyL

Wild Horses
There's a lot of untrained or poorly trained people on social media. I mean - even having a therapeutic presence online is something you should question, & think carefully about. It's useful for therapists to be quite opaque.