craner

Beast of Burden
It's not as though Gladio's an outlier either. You can point to stuff like Operation Paperclip and MKUltra too. These are all things which sound unbelievable on the face of it, particularly MKUltra, but which turned out to be true. Iran-Contra's another. Some of the stuff that went on in Ireland, e.g.

The realm of conspiracy theory that 9/11 moves in is not Iran-Contra or Ireland, it's the Moon Landings and Princess Diana.

version

I can't answer it, in all honesty, but the 'Strategy of Tension' was widely discussed at the time and for perfectly plausible reasons. It was not a far-fetched theory, given the U.S. and NATO strategy in Europe. Technically speaking, the link between the CIA and the Italian far right terrorist groups has never been acknowledged or proven, but there is enough there to believe it was operational, both from the circumstantial, strategic and geopolitical context.

This is completely the opposite case for 9/11: the conspiracy narrative is totally nonsensical.
I'm not arguing the 9/11 conspiracies are true though, I'm just not completely dismissing some of the less fantastical ones.

craner

Beast of Burden
those are both true though

Yes, but for you this only has any meaning on the theoretical level: you find the world in front of you boring, so the world in which the conspiracies are true is a more entertaining alternative.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Assassinations vs accidents are one realm, the moon and 9/11 another

When you have an execution of a key figure like Kennedy, head blown apart that everyone’s seen, or a road traffic accident like fuck you all day love Lady Princess Diana Spencer of Northamptonshire, the more visceral events will headline

Britain hasn’t had a Kennedy or 9/11 so they haven’t burrowed their way into our subconscious in the same way they would have if these events occurred domestically

(rambling now)

craner

Beast of Burden
I'd say the suggestion of people within the intelligence services being aware and not intervening is less fantastical than claiming the entire thing was a hoax or some sort of occult ritual.

Because they wanted thousands of people to be slaughtered and three major symbols of American power to be destroyed in order to invade Afghanistan?

version

Because they wanted thousands of people to be slaughtered and three major symbols of American power to be destroyed in order to invade Afghanistan?
We know from history that the slaughter of thousands of people isn't really an obstacle. The destruction of three major symbols of American power in order to invade Afghanistan is much more difficult to argue which is why, like I said before, I'm leaning toward incompetence.

craner

Beast of Burden
We know from history that the slaughter of thousands of people isn't really an obstacle

It is slightly more of a technical and moral obstacle when it is your own citizens on your own territory, as the Italians would attest, and they never got near that number.

luka

xxxxxx
my sister hasn't spoken to me in 5 years as I dont agree 9/11 was a inside job, chemtrails, Alex.Jones etc.. I was willing to continue to have a family relationship with her.,but her husband pretty much put an end to it because my family will not ag…
See more

• ·
  • · 18 h
  • ·
    Edited
  • xxxxx
9/11 was an inside job tho.

xxxxx
🙂

• xxxx
That was.just the tip of the iceberg though to them. It was so draining..Couldn't have a normal comversation. It was always then talking at us about the many many things that they felt were.going on. It wasn't. healthy

• ·
    • · 18 h
    • ·
      Edited
  • xxxx
oh sure I know a few. I know some folk who were going to Conferences and building a whole other world around themselves. It's worse than religion because of literally no fellowship or redemption. It's all sly suspicion and refusal to kn…
See more

• xxxxx
it isn't healthy to pretend that there aren't conspiracies. So many facts pointing to 9/11 being an inside job, it is impossible for it not to be the tip of the iceberg. People conspire, we just need to conspire for good instead of evil, and consider other forms of life since we are not the only living creation.
  • xxxx
    my sister hasn't spoken to me in 5 years as I dont agree 9/11 was a inside job, chemtrails, Alex.Jones etc.. I was willing to continue to have a family relationship with her.,but her husband pretty much put an end to it because my family will not ag…
    See more

• ·
    • · 18 h
    • ·
      Edited

• xxxx

• xxxx
      🙂

• xxxxx
    That was.just the tip of the iceberg though to them. It was so draining..Couldn't have a normal comversation. It was always then talking at us about the many many things that they felt were.going on. It wasn't. healthy

• ·
      • · 18 h
      • ·
        Edited

• xxxxx
      oh sure I know a few. I know some folk who were going to Conferences and building a whole other world around themselves. It's worse than religion because of literally no fellowship or redemption. It's all sly suspicion and refusal to kn…
      See more

xxx
    Tracy it isn't healthy to pretend that there aren't conspiracies. So many facts pointing to 9/11 being an inside job, it is impossible for it not to be the tip of the iceberg. People conspire, we just need to conspire for good instead of evil, and consider other forms of life since we are not the only living creation.

version

Well, it is slightly more of a technical and moral obstacle when it is your own citizens on your own territory, as the Italians would attest, and they never got near that number.
Totally, but there's also evidence of various governments doing appalling things to their own people time and time again.

craner

Beast of Burden
xxxxxx
See more

• ·
  • · 18 h
  • ·
    Edited
  • xxxxx

xxxxx
🙂

• xxxx

• ·
    • · 18 h
    • ·
      Edited
  • xxxx
See more

• xxxxx
it isn't healthy to pretend that there aren't conspiracies. So many facts pointing to 9/11 being an inside job, it is impossible for it not to be the tip of the iceberg. People conspire, we just need to conspire for good instead of evil, and consider other forms of life since we are not the only living creation.
  • xxxx
    See more

• ·
    • · 18 h
    • ·
      Edited

• xxxx

• xxxx
      🙂

• xxxxx

• ·
      • · 18 h
      • ·
        Edited

• xxxxx
      See more

xxx
    Tracy it isn't healthy to pretend that there aren't conspiracies. So many facts pointing to 9/11 being an inside job, it is impossible for it not to be the tip of the iceberg. People conspire, we just need to conspire for good instead of evil, and consider other forms of life since we are not the only living creation.

Thus spake the 99%.

version

@craner

On Iran-Contra, Gladio and so on, I brought them up in response to you saying you have a low tolerance for conspiracy stuff generally too.

Surely learning about that stuff has to shift your thinking somewhat? I get it if you mean people like Alex Jones and the kind of thing Luka sends to wind you up, but the stuff I'm talking about also falls under that banner and you've acknowledged some of it as historical fact.