93 Psychic TV rarities, One John Holt hit, and 23 random tunes divided by the trinity multiplied by the duality rounded down = 108

william_kent

@luka has banned me from making a 100 because it'd be "99 Psychic TV rarities and one John Holt tune"

but...tonight @WashYourHands has bullied me while I'm in an inebriated state, seems non consensual if you ask me

so, while I'm "tired and emotional" here's at least one of a possible 108 tunes from my "crates"

108: the basis of CREATION, synchronisation with the harmony of the Universe*

* although there's more than one "Universe", we share space with other dimensions, etc.,

COUNTDOWN

Drumbago and The Rebel Group - version

drum break and congas lead into a sparse one finger synth melody, bass takes over the melodic duty, one finger synth interjects, rhythm guitar chuggs and snippets of W. Brown's ghostly vocals enjoin us to "join together"

B side of "W Brown" "To Survive"

W. Brown - To Survive

an undercover "Studio One" tune
but actually "Brixton Sound" licensed by Coxsone

I was obsessed with Brixton Sound / Drumbago for a short while, still am even still

on my last visit to London me and the love of my life visited Camden, she got to visit the Goth shop where the slimelight lady works and we ate at the Vietnamese cafe and and then I demanded we visit "Out Up Out On The Floor", the home of the "Tuff Scout" label and ebay seller who I never bother bidding on because I can't afford the final prices, but I got talking to the guy behind the counter and he told me that "Drumbago"pops in now and again, so it seems you London lot live alongside more than one genius

W. Brown: "enjoy the sun and moon and stars"

1697836773500.png

word associated memories, early 90s, post club, Hulme precinct and the guys from the Kitchen would set up a sound system and some dude would chant the "sun and the moon and the stars" while spangled ravers climbed up and danced on the roofs of the chippy and the hardware shop and black marias circled round and puzzled old folk would walk by on their way to fetch a pint of milk and a morning paper at 6 am when the paper shop opened

( this would all make sense if you'd ever experienced "white doves" )

once they set up on a patch of grass and played the house version of the bassline from that ESG tune for hours on end while chanting "the sun and the moon and the stars" and a BMW pulled up and a pimp and his stable spilled out and for one moment we were all one, united in house, before they headed back to their dark reality of exploitation

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
At work and it’s dead so brought in the 4 string (not Deliverance) to practice and boom

See where rum and gentlemanly encouragement takes us

william_kent

there's certain lines I've crossed

the first was when I paid over £15 for a 7 inch single ( it was a Yabby You tune for the record )

I told myself "you have to set limits"

but then I "had" to own this tune

Devon Russell - You Found Heaven ( and version )

Studio One VOODOO FUNK MONSTER

I have a friend who was involved with a Voodoo group, she's told me about beheaded chickens jumping around, the ghosts she sees at the foot of her bed, her visits to the graveyard, pacts with the Loa, she's argued with Michael Bertiaux's protoge while I watched on and I played her this tune and asked about Devon Russell seeing the dead on the street, he's saying Heaven is on Earth, and he's right! We share dimensions!

PSYCHEDELIC VOODOO FUNK!

william_kent

Prince Jazzbo - Crab Walking

Sounds of the Horace

Skylarking!

Crab walking!

I once worked with a guy who had a middle class white skinned mate who had a child with Horace Andy's crackhead daughter

the CREATOR works in mysterious ways

Skylarking!

william_kent

Horace Andy - Ain't No Sunshine

I'm brushing away tears, this is my yardstick for buskers when they do a crappy cover version of the Bill Withers classic, how do they handle the "I know I know I know I know" bars? Can they top Horace? Not even Bill can! This is the definitive version! Even tops his Studio one side!

DannyL

Wild Horses

Horace Andy - Ain't No Sunshine

I'm brushing away tears, this is my yardstick for buskers when they do a crappy cover version of the Bill Withers classic, how do they handle the "I know I know I know I know" bars? Can they top Horace? Not even Bill can! This is the definitive version! Even tops his Studio one side!
I used to have this on 12"MONSTER though I'd argue the definitive version is Issac Hayes doing it live at Wattstax;

Actually maybe it's not definitive as it's too different from the OG. It is fucking epic though.