could this be the worst thread ever? apart from the one about pencil sharpeners

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's probably crossover with the 6/10 movies luka mentioned in the main film thread lately (do we need ANOTHER film thread? probably not)

I'm wondering about watching 'THE NORTHMAN' tonight, has anyone seen it?

luka

I work in marketing, but would much rather be a samurai. I am fascinated by the honour code and the way warriors dedicate their lives to performing even the lowliest tasks to perfection. There are scenes in the film where Tom Cruise sits on a hill, in absolute tranquillity, surrounded by beauty. In my fantasies I am sitting on a hill like that, in a Cruise-like pose, in an ancient world.

craner

Beast of Burden
I work in marketing, but would much rather be a samurai. I am fascinated by the honour code and the way warriors dedicate their lives to performing even the lowliest tasks to perfection. There are scenes in the film where Tom Cruise sits on a hill, in absolute tranquillity, surrounded by beauty. In my fantasies I am sitting on a hill like that, in a Cruise-like pose, in an ancient world.

I like the detail in Jay McInerney’s The Good Life in which one of his main characters is an investment banker who is obsessed with samurai movies and is taking a sabbatical to write a book about them. The typical pointless, trivial kind of quest that now defines Western masculinity.

sus

I can't speak for the Lads, but a proper Dudes movie must have a protagonist who (to quote Pound) reaches for his six-shooter before putting on his boots. I don't make the rules, that's just how it is. Gangsters, cowboys, lawmen, patriots.