william_kent

william which one of these did you buy? do you hold it in the crook of your arm and pour your favourite rums into it's mouth?

@shakahislop - extremely poor taste mate considering that I had to ask my friend Truong My Lan to cover up my "Vietnamese eyeball socket fuck" misdemeanours and she had to embezzle 27 billion USD to pay off the authorities and who knows what that amounts to in "dong" and now she is facing a death sentence and it's all down to you mate, I hope you are happy, how can you sleep at night, etc

shakahislop

@shakahislop - extremely poor taste mate considering that I had to ask my friend Truong My Lan to cover up my "Vietnamese eyeball socket fuck" misdemeanours and she had to embezzle 27 billion USD to pay off the authorities and who knows what that amounts to in "dong" and now she is facing a death sentence and it's all down to you mate, I hope you are happy, how can you sleep at night, etc
I just woke up from a bleary nap and I don't know what's going on but I think you're doing the right thing

shakahislop

I was in Vietnam when I was 19 and we got scammed into going into a restaurant where they slit a snake in front of us, pulled it's beating heart out and put it on a saucer, and made us drink it's blood

william_kent

LPRODMAIN_205074_appleton-estate-special-gold-rum.jpg

Appleton Jamaican Rum "Special'

I'm not getting what is 'special" about this, but I've poured it down my throat rather than the drain, so for less than £10 in real money ( I spent Micky Mouse yen on this as part of my duty free allowance ) I suppose it is "OK"

after the "Santa Teresa Anejo"which I bought in the same shop for roughly the same price I have to say this a disappointment, but that may say more about the delights of Santa Teresa than any failing with the Appleton

edit: tasting notes? slight aftertaste of old recycled vegetable oil, not entirely pleasant

linebaugh

I got a bottle of foursquare sovereignty. Tastes like pancakes and waffles, candied bacon, maple syrup, big globs of butter. Amazing

luka

ive poured a havana club 7 next to it and it takes almost undrinkably basic in comparison

luka

Wray & Nephew started with a Scotsman, Charles John Wray who came to Jamaica in the 1800s and opened the Shakespeare Tavern in 1825 in Kingston.

linebaugh

Yesterday I had the hampden LROK and one called the ‘transcontinental railroad’ rum from Trinidad. Both great

The hampden lrok was a lot like the standard but 60% with more spice flavors and a little bit of that paint thinner tast you get in isle scotches.

The Trinidadian one was actually really similar but just a little less smooth. Tasted like if laphroaig was made with fruit

luka

i had an east london rum in the pub today and it was unsurprisingly not very good. dont buy that but wray and neph

luka

and have you had much white rum experience? theres not a lot of highly regarded ones out there as far as i can tell but i would like to try rum fire and rum bar,

linebaugh

I went to a rum tasting that was for total casuals. None over proof and mostly plantation rum which is the standard real rum in America and its dog water. Undrinkable