woops goes to malaysia and singapore.

luka

has anyone got any tips for the intrepid traveller. i warned him theres not a big boozing culture but he wont let that stop him.

Mr. Naga Pickle

woops should go to pink street in little india and drink beer with transsexual prostitutes and then he should go eat some roti prata and drink another beer.

shakahislop

I've been to Kuala Lumpur and some island I can't remember the name of, or even if it was an island, I was really depressed and just got battered the whole time. Literally zero recommendations coz I can't remember anything. I think there was a cool modernist mosque and the overground subway thing was futuristic. Also remember sleeping in a cave with bats somewhere, that was good

mixed_biscuits

maxi

The best way to make friends in Singapore is to wander around asking for pills and powders. Within an hour you'll be invited to bunk with hundreds of like-minded men—roommates and friends for life.
there's something really funny about the phrase "hundreds of men." it reminds me of uncle dugs reminiscing about pirate radio times talking about "a hundred man on the roof fixing the aerial"

luka

luka

ZOUK CAPITAL – An upscale club lounge and one of the most popular nightlife destinations in Singapore, Zouk Capital is home to a hidden whiskey and cigar lounge. The opulent cigar room flaunts over 48 types of whiskey by the glass and bottle, including some very rare and exclusive spirits that are very hard to find. Zouk Capital’s cigar lounge is a peaceful respite from the intense nigh-time crowd and loud music, the perfect place to pair a fine cigar with an excellent single malt whiskey. An iconic smoke since its release back in 1989, the Cohiba Robusto Cigar would be the most suitable habano for this occasion. Part of the brand’s Linea Classica flagship range, Robusto measures at 124 mm length by a ring gauge of 50 and delivers a medium to full bodied smoke, true to the Cohiba Cigars DNA.

THE CONNOISSEUR DIVAN – A unique and retro-infused experience, the Connoisseur Divan was created for all those who want to enjoy a cigar with the enticing sounds of smooth jazz. Cosy and with a classic movement in terms of its decoration, the bar features a walk-in humidor, containing a great selection of Cuban Cigars Online. On top of that, the Connoisseur Divan won’t let you down in your drink choice too. The bar houses a number of premium wines, champagnes, and spirits, ideal to pair with most Cuban sticks. An absolute must-have for any avid cigar aficionado, the Montecristo No. 4 Cigar is the right puro to smoke when visiting the Connoisseur Divan bar. Delivering plenty of complex and rich flavours, this smoke comes in a Marevas vitola, one of the most popular formats amongst all types of cigar smokers and widely considered as a typical habanos shape.

luka

Housing over 1,000 bottles of award-winning whiskeys from all corners of the globe that are often rare and highly prized, The Whiskey Library and Jazz Club is a definite contender for being one of the greatest whiskey bars in the world. Set within the glamorous Vagabond Club and designed by world-renowned French designer Jacques Garcia, the space oozes sophistication and luxury.
Adorned with red velvet banquettes, ornate handcrafted furniture, and a unique collection of art, it makes an ideal enclave for anyone and everyone who’s interested in experiencing the art of whiskeys or simply indulging in a well-loved selection of expertly crafted classic cocktails. While you’re at it, satisfy your inner hep-cat and bask in silky tunes of Jazz – think bebop, ballads and the blues – to pair with those smooth drams during Jazz & Whiskey Nights happening every Friday & Saturday.

Feeling peckish? Elevate the evening with French-influenced Pan-Asian cuisine that caters to both intimate gatherings and larger groups. Some highlights include a fiery but addictive Sichuan-style spicy chicken, cold truffle angel hair pasta, 30-day Bourbon-aged Argentine ribeye, and the signature Vietnamese beef pho.
For true anoraks, The Whiskey Library & Jazz Club also offers a membership programme that unlocks premium access to special bottle prices and other Vagabond Club promotions.
Time Out Singapore in partnership with The Vagabond ClubMonday 13 June 2022