adele vs amy winehouse

shakahislop

both of them have very female audiences. the affects they're going for resonate with a lot of uk ladies. both of them I think have a mixture of vulnerability and power. vulnerable lyrics and some kind of power in their voices. 'Hello' makes me think of someone crying in their car on the way to work. uk really produces a lot of pop radio tunes which are about holding on

winehouse was beloved as a figure by a lot of girls I was friends with at the time. she seems to have become taken more seriously as time has passed. find her tunes really hard to relate to. that kind of retro pastiche of a sound that i never liked in the first place does nothing for me and that era of pop production is too harsh. her voice reminds me of female south asian singers with that kind of creaky thin high pitched thing. again I find it quite a harsh voice when she's in the upper registers. my girlfriend did back to black at a kareoke bar recently, had never paid attention to the words before, a pretty dark and sad song

adele sounds provincial even though she's london through and through. winehouse sounds like london music. it doesn't translate to a rural sensibility. it's not down to earth enough. impractical music. and far too accepting of america. in the provinces we put up more of a fight against the american influence

maxi

amy winehouse sounds like amy winehouse whereas adele sounds like any random x factor winner

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
adele sounds provincial even though she's london through and through. winehouse sounds like london music. it doesn't translate to a rural sensibility. it's not down to earth enough. impractical music. and far too accepting of america. in the provinces we put up more of a fight against the american influence

So you're saying Adele is like Mumford and sons? because that's going to send luke psycho.

shakahislop

39.jpg

luka

Amy's vibe and heart is so much harder than Adele, far more English. Probably the realest pop soldier of the last thirty years

Much more substance and moody flat ambience.

If you look at the legacy it's as if Gazza died three days after crying at Italia 90
i really disagree with this. amy is anti english. adele is pure england. amy is not london she is doing a demented billie holiday impersonation.

luka

amy is pure stage school. they are both technically stage school but tottenham adels is more gormlessly, guilesllsly stage schoo.