GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Would be nice if for once someone covered the Grime scene without trying to show off their wit and superior intellect at the expense of the subject.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I just picked up a few records, among them two ones supposedly by Wiley with the Cat#s DRL001 (single sided press)and DRL002.

Anyone have any ideas what that might be? One has 'Cold as Ice' written on it, but i don't recall any tune called that?

Also DW002 which i guess is maybe Danny Weed / Wiley - Blue Rizla and Thai Weed? Not sure.

My Eskibeat collection grows! Gets a bit addictive though.

Those weren't by Wiley or Danny Weed. They were Musical Mob tunes. Basically a counteraction to Wiley pressing up Pulse Eskimo.

lol

i was being a little silly, but whatever.. i freely admit my bias (and was just having some fun with it, christ..), and that i don't know a great deal about ukhh.

but sure, if you want to have a debate: if you can tell me there's a ukhh album out there that's better than boy in da corner i will eat my hat, pan fried with shallots and wild mushrooms. i won't believe you, but i'd be happy to do it anyway.

nice try but I'm not gonna do the education for you...just like all good music go out and SEARCH for it (if you live in London then its tooooo easy) but if you wanna go there then I'll say....'The Sagas of Klashnekoff' will leng off anything this scene has done...and it's not even an album!

anyway...what do you guys think of Lil' Rascals? and Sama I wanna know...are you gonna play their stuff?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
For those who weren't at FWD, Spyro killed it. It may be my bias but he was the best DJ of the night and he was playing to about 30 people for most of his set.

His mixing reminds me a lot of Mac 10 - quick flawless cuts and very small mixing time. In fact, when Skream came on later on in the night he was also employing those same techniques in a few of his mixes. Not sure if he was watching face or anything, but it was interesting to hear dubstep mixed like a grime DJ.

Anyone else catch this one?

EDIT: Since I wrote this, I went and played back Skream's show from last week, and he is playing a LOT of grime influenced dubstep right now... he even is playing vocal grime (I didn't recognize the track though). His selection is getting really varied right now at a point where N Type's selection has stagnated slightly...

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
http://music.guardian.co.uk/newbands/story/0,,2118408,00.html

tiny tempah in the guardian
not heard the track but im assuming its not going to be too hot. i mean, enya?

christ how weird, didn't know anything about this. can't find the tune anywhere... shows how much the journo knows about grime with the shtick about it going top ten lol.

am i right in thinking we've already established that writer is a twat on the collie budz thread... what a ridiculously smug column it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Skream started pirating Spyro

he is too good right now

oh yeah btw...Tinchy's album is f***** (that's a good thing)

Lil's Rascals are under the guy who did that 'My Yout' tune I think...they've got a vocal of that Young Dot 'duh' noise tune and the 'Wifey Riddim'

http://www.urbandevelopment.co.uk/index.php?action=news&id=36

the idea is kinda f****** - who the hell knows what Terror's gonna come up with?

*EDIT* - the date is wrong though as that thursday is the 19th not the 20th

here's a link to the poster - http://www.myspace.com/urbandevelopmentcouk

that looks really interesting - the barbican do this sometimes with london symphony orchestra, but i'll be much more interested to see what terror does - definately thinking about reaching this - you reckon its worth buying tickets in advance?

erm...

that looks really interesting - the barbican do this sometimes with london symphony orchestra, but i'll be much more interested to see what terror does - definately thinking about reaching this - you reckon its worth buying tickets in advance?

I ain't the right person to ask. my friend just emailed me about it

but I'd say there's no harm in an advance as its only £8 (£5 if you can fake a NUS lol)

has this been done in the scene before? I'm sure I remember someone else doing something like this but I'm not certain...

I ain't the right person to ask. my friend just emailed me about it

but I'd say there's no harm in an advance as its only £8 (£5 if you can fake a NUS lol)

has this been done in the scene before? I'm sure I remember someone else doing something like this but I'm not certain...

maybe youre thinking of the davinche thing for the bbc @ hackney empire - grime/street producers meet classical composers or something and merge styles - it was free aswell... gutted i missed it

gumdrops

this terror thing looks interesting but im not sure how good it could be ( i remember seeing dj spooky re-soundtrack birth of a nation and found it interesing as a concept but slightly inconclusive/flawed as a finished product). im imagining it sort of like

'harrison ford arrives on screen'
*cackling terror trademark effect*
'harrison ford shoots someone'
*trademark westwood gun shot/bomb effect +cackling sample*

anyways...

what happened to stage show riddim taking over london this summer? what a missed opportunity.

beat wasnt all that anyway. lacked a 'pocket'.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Anyway, Tactics, do you really like Stryder's album? I think it's absolutely dreadful with it's hiphop beats and cheesy TV theme brass.

I wasn't going to mention it as I'm not trying to hate on it, but there are two tracks on his myspace at the moment, Sorry U and Full Effect, which are terrific straight up grime tracks! Why the hell are they not on there? So, so, so frustrating.