GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

the top and bottom of it is that there are no raves hence no real scene.
i think when i get back down london i'm going to try and start something south east actually, in the summer. i think i'd like to pump some money into it and if it fails then fuck it.

Last edited:

joe_muggs

the top and bottom of it is that there are no raves hence no real scene.
i think when i get back down london i'm going to try and start something south east actually, in the summer. i think i'd like to pump some money into it and if it fails then fuck it.

Amersham Arms has had some grime artists but only within more diverse lineups I think... Good venue that.

I would say we should get wiley to do the pitch just for the sheer insanity of him having a ruck with Duncan Bannantine, but he just wouldn't turn up.

That just made me laugh out loud. Bannatine is GANGSTA AS HELL.

joe_muggs

New Cross. Got taken over by the team that run the Lock Tavern in Camden not long ago, they've got some fairly adventurous booking going on...

Live set tonight on Rinse like;
Maximum B2B Karnage ft Wiley, Frisco, Flowdan, NE, Jendor, P Money, Killa P & Blacks
http://massmirror.com/6daaa1675fed84fff1ae2922b0f2cc76.html

Nice to see radio getting attention again, like, OGs fucking love it at rinse.

Where's the Amersham Arms?

what do you mean? do you mean tonight, or has this already happened?
also i dont understand the link at all, sick lineup though, ive been dreaming about radio shows recently

It happened on Sunday and I posted it on Sunday night. You click on the site and it presents you with 5 or 6 sites to download from.
Sorry if it makes no sense, I was a bit red eye at the time.

i think my version of dissensus is fucked

anyway yeah i get that link now, will check it

anyway again, griminal put out a promo of his forthcoming mixtape/album on his mspace for free,

heres the link
http://rapidshare.com/files/82745736/Griminal_-_Its_Not_Just_Bars_Vol.1.zip

you need to get this, griminal is just the biggest mc right about now, most of the tunes on there are proper versions of what was on that greengate goon bootleg. can wait till his thing drops for real.

also have just got into the whole grime dvd thing, just got practice hours 1, its mental!! big h flowing really well - kind of puts his boasts of being the originator of a lot of boy better know material (on sk vibemakers cd) into a more favourable perspective - jme definately copied a lot off him, in terms of content and flows.

tom pr

griminal, lee brasco, badness and brutal all have free mixtapes on their myspace- i think the whole movement towards downloadable tapes is a huge look. toddla t's about ten times as known now as he was six months ago, and probably 70% of that is on the strength of his free mixtape. i've listened to some of the griminal one and it sounds amazing.

i don't think it's on it, but have you lot heard the 'i am chipmunk' remix with double s, griminal, maverick and someone else? massive tune.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Don't you find it hilarious how on the "covers" for their free mixtapes they still put a parental advisory sign on them even though they don't need them there at all? Those things are supposed to be a regulation.

petergunn

plywood violin
wenn5075139.preview.jpg

wenn5075139.preview.jpg

wenn5075139.preview.jpg

straight

wings cru
thinks are lookin up for amy, last week she was all ice pops and rib n saucy transform-a-snacks, now she gettin the nanas in. bows doin her good.

tom pr

Don't you find it hilarious how on the "covers" for their free mixtapes they still put a parental advisory sign on them even though they don't need them there at all? Those things are supposed to be a regulation.
speaking of regulations, something else that makes me think downloadable mixtapes might be the way to go: i was talking to slix the other day and he said down volume 2 was ready last summer, but it's taken him all this time to get a bloody barcode put on it. apparently it used to be a dead easy process, but now it has to go through a load of legislation about getting approved or something. all sounds a bit unnecessary, doesnt it?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i don't think it's on it, but have you lot heard the 'i am chipmunk' remix with double s, griminal, maverick and someone else? massive tune.

Are you talking about the 'who are you' remix? I think you might be: it includes all the people you mentioned with the someone else being ice kid.

Last edited:
asked for this on RWD as well but maybe someone here could help;
I'm looking for the set from the sunday after the Skepta/Ghetto clash on Rinse, the day before the Skepta/Ghetto clash on Logan's show.
09/09/07, Roll Deep show- Wiley, Jammer, Frisco, P Money, Flowdan, some others.

It's gone off the podcast, any help?

benjybars

village elder.
last sunday's bbk set is LIVE-O!

radio's been on a hype again recently.. love the way grime has these little mini radio resurgences every now and again.

everybody needs to go back and listen to logan's set from monday with griminal and little nasty. griminal BATTERS the set.

yeah big up grime right now!

also, has anyone got (working) links for the double s mixtapes (that he gave away)??? beg someone upload them.

he's alot. anyone know who made this beat??

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
he's alot. anyone know who made this beat??

Yeah this beat is sick, I don't know who it is though. This frustrates me all the time, I hear a lot of really great grime beats on these videos that I don't hear any of the DJs on Rinse spinning and it's really difficult to find out what they are. I'm still trying to track down the one which takes up the majority of this video: