GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Where's people getting their Rinse downloads from recently? I've not seen a Roll Deep set online in a month. Any ideas?

gumdrops

those links take forever before they let you download, plus im not sure if thats the roll deep/ruff sqwad show... thanks though.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I don't want to take credit for it though....
Didn't record it/upload it or anything, im just well practised at finding em

I was only able to download part two...was really good though (some old roll deep and ruff sqwad riddims/lyrics)

gumdrops

for people still buying grime vinyl here, that big ed backlash record on frontline is pretty good. well the first tune is. dunno about anyone else but i have stopped buying grime records with vocals on them cos most of them are to my ears, crap.

nomos

Administrator
Blackdown said:
Where's people getting their Rinse downloads from recently? I've not seen a Roll Deep set online in a month. Any ideas?
Do you have access to the downloads section of the Rinse forum Martin? I'm guessing there'd be some in there but I haven't gone to the trouble of bugging Darkside to let me in :p

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Can anyone tell me who produced Signs Of Life on Kano's LP? I don't have the LP, just heard a bit of that tune on Logan's block party mix. That beat is bannanas tho and I actually really like Kane's singing there. Didn't really like too many of the other LP cuts so I ignored it but that one is real strong.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
simon silverdollar said:
yeah this mix has been getting me through the post NYE hungover shitness very nicely...

Can anyone re-up (if that's ok Logan)? My christmas holidaysaway from the PC mean that I've missed this as well as John's best of 2005 reggae mix.

WOEBOT said:
cameo has always been friendly to me. but i've known him since he was a lowly record-store clerk ;)

maybe he was late for the dentists or summat? i'm sure it wasn't personal mpc.

Cameo's always that way. Also im obviously joining this late but all I can say is Logan, it would be really interesting if all the mc's you work with knew your opinions on 'certain' things.....

Last edited:

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Tactics said:
Cameo's always that way. Also im obviously joining this late but all I can say is Logan, it would be really interesting if all the mc's you work with knew your opinions on 'certain' things.....

I talk to all the MCs I work with regularily.

Any "certain" things you have in mind?

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
some tracks I just got.

I recently ordered the following tracks off of ebay, from the person whom I got my first "grime" tracks from. I say "grime" cuz Im still a bit confused about how to label this stuff. When I try to explain this new style i have been working into my sets, I am at a loss as to how to explain, or label, it to people in Chicago. I think these are a good example, after listening to them once i got them, of my take on grime. I am a bit less interested in the vocal grime (if that is the right terminology) and prefer the insturmental, dark, bass-driven tracks. The beats can either be like those on the Bingo tracks I ahve that are more like jungle at 140, or the Black Ops, Beat Freaks, subtle, minimal, almost 2step-dub style beats .

So how do the people living the music refer to these types of beats? Are there different names for the different styles. All the responses Ive ahd in the past about Sublow, Eski, and others are that they are specific to certain producers. I can definitely tell the difference from dubstep tracks, which I also use, but am still unsure what they are called.

BEAT FREAKS " F I R E " !!!!!!!

DJ DREAD D " I N V A S I O N "!!! BLACK OP'S

JAMMIN "KINDA FUNKY" (WOOKIE REMIX)

JON E CASH " E V I L " BLACK OPS

JON E CASH " W A R "!!!! ORIGINAL BLACK OPS

OUTLAW BREAKS " N I S S I " / UNIQUE

OXIDE & NEUTRINO " BACK 2 DA FLOOR "

W I L E Y "WOT U CALL IT" (VOX & IGLOO BASS MIX)

WASSSUP vs MR OZIO vs DOOMS NIGHT

Thanks.

boomnoise

♫
news from plasticman c/o rinse & dubstep forums

Today’s a day of mixed feelings for me, as I’m excited to announce that I’m joining BBC Radio 1’s The Residency. Sadly this of course means my time on the station that made my name, London’s leading Rinse FM, will have come to an end.

The last Plastician show on Rinse will be February 3rd, after which I’ll be joining the Residency for Radio One's very first dubstep and grime-dedicated show. The first of my shows will be broadcast on February 5th. This will be simulcasting on DAB and FM nationally and worldwide online.

The show works on a rotational basis between 6 DJ's each representing different genres of electronic dance music, which means I will be on every 6 weeks.

I will also use this as an opportunity to officially change my name from Plasticman.... to "The Plastician". This is to avoid further confusion between myself and Richie Hawtin.

I would like to take this chance to thank Rinse FM, all DJs and management for all their help in getting me where I am today. No one does dubstep and grime like Rinse, and I have no doubt that they will continue to break artists through from the underground, right into the mainstream.

Looking forward, I’m excited about pushing new UK underground artists and production talent to a whole new audience. I'm sure you will agree this is a MASSIVE look for the entire scene.

For further Info, check back on Radio One's Residency page through the week...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/residency/

The Plastician

gumdrops

thats really great. plasticman is the perfect choice. look forward to hearing him on radio 1. hopefully this will mean i wont have to hear MCs spitting badly on hip hop beats on westwoods show anymore!

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Unfortunately you will.

The Residency is a mix show with a host. And Plastic will be focussing on the best of Grime & Dubstep beats with a handful of vocals. Interviews with Jammer & the man dem or Fire Camp are unlikely to be a part of the set up.

I enjoy hearing our guys on Westwood though. They should make more of an effort to take down some beats to spit on however.