GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
http://verybutterz.blogspot.com/2008/07/chockablock-180708.html - Chockablock Video with D Double E, Jammer and Skepta - 20 min set. Pretty good.
Big up Dan always good 2 meet forum heads.

yes yes it was a good night, you guys played a good set, and it was seriously hype for a while there with skeppy jumping on the mic and jammer and dee on point too.

i have the usual complaint that the mc-ing set-up was too 'showcasey' (i.e. 20 minutes of hype then the mcs suddenly scatter and so the crowd disappears too) but i'm complaining about the crowd really, as much as the event itself... london crowds are so fickle. why won't people dance to grime djs? butterz were banging out some classics, lots of nice slew dem and some garage and so on, everyone's standing around the edges looking at their shoes nodding heads.. and then these people turned up to do the most embarrassing school-concert-style channel-u showcase PA, with loads of awkward gaps and no talent... but just because there were people standing on the stage (dieing on their arses) a crowd formed to watch. it's like, are you here to dance or what?

</incoherent, caffeine-deprived rant>

Elijah

Butterz
cheers did u hear when i turned da volume and said make some noise or im gona play funky house. that got a nice cheer lol.

some of tunes we played ive never herd in a grime rave, so it was nice 2 hear dem on a big system.

things that was wrong with the night

1. werent enough people

2. not enough girls

3. everyone juss come 4 da mcs.

4. thought there was gona be nu rave, although i didnt wana hear it, 1 of the headliners didnt hav a set did they? grime and nu rave dont compliment each other at all.

5. the order of play was fucked. we should of been on b4 da mcs.den at least u would of got an hour of hype den the grime mcs hype woulda been a heavy finish. bok bok and manara playing some wicked tunes, but the crowd dont wana hear bassline so u cant really win. BUT HYPNOTIQ>>>>

6. the barman nicked my tenner i dropped on the floor. bastard.

things that were good.

1. Playing music out that I like, but dont always hear in a rave is always fun.

2. bok bok playing hypnotiq

3. d double e. and the brief spot frm skepta.

4. Spending my booking money on sweets the morning after

mos dan

fact music
Tinch on Logan, good track with maniac.

was a good show, what i caught, worth a relisten.

lol at your rave report elijah, i think i missed your funky threat alas. it's weird the crowd weren't feeling the bassline, bok bok and i went to a bassline showwa rave at the egg recently that was pretty rammed. i'm not sure what the punters on friday wanted really, the big brother house-style gazebo is just too much of a distraction for most of them lol

nomos

Administrator
anyone know what's up with the rhythm division website? it's been down for three days. probably just a bug or changing hosts i suppose. but i want to buy things :(

New studio set, ignore if you want but you're an idiot if you do.

Vectra said:
Nu brand flexxx presents: Aiya napa/malia send of set
(N.B.F RUSHOUR)

In conjunction with (AudioLab)

(CREWS)

OG'z, PSG's, Nu Brand Flexxx, Ruff Squad, N.A.A,South Soldiers,

ARTISTS.....

Saskilla, InfaRed, Little D, Messi, Spokeman, PSG's, P Money,
L.man, Narstie, Snakeyman, Boya, Dot Rotten, Jeeday Jaws,
Hammer, Jamkilla, Fatal-64, Little In, Veneremah, Jammin,
Jendor, Lee Brasco, Ruff squad, Og'z, Darqe Freaka, Striver D,
Likle Pee, Rinseman, Desparado & Kaz

DJ'S

VECTRA
FURIOUS
JJ

The set this is the link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bjhu9m

Haven't looked yet, it was long dedicating that much bandwidth yesterday when I'm downloading something else.
I'm going to do it tonight and I'll let you know.

john eden

male pale and stale
Is dot rotten from South?

Does anyone know if the Dennis Rowe who is thanked on the sleeve of his mixtape is the same as the one who manages Saxon soundsystem?

benjybars

village elder.
This set is NUTS! p-money goin on ballistic! anyone know the first riddim he spits on??

Originally Posted by Vectra
Nu brand flexxx presents: Aiya napa/malia send of set
(N.B.F RUSHOUR)

In conjunction with (AudioLab)

(CREWS)

OG'z, PSG's, Nu Brand Flexxx, Ruff Squad, N.A.A,South Soldiers,

ARTISTS.....

DJ'S

VECTRA
FURIOUS
JJ

The set this is the link

Benny Bunter

ARTISTS.....

DJ'S

VECTRA
FURIOUS
JJ

The set this is the link

Is the list of artists here in the right order, as they appear in the actual set? Its quite alot to take in and i haven't heard most of these MCs before.

it isn't. I couldn't tell you who half of them are though either.

Don't care to be honest, it's just random hype really. Ah, radio sets, what happened to you.

It's like having your favourite chip shop replaced with some swag noodle bar.

Now and then...

mos dan

fact music
like having your favourite boozer replaced with a wine bar

this actually happened to me in balham, which is where i grew up. it was the day i knew i HAD TO LEAVE.

john, young dot is from brixton/stockwell sides if that helps narrow it down for you? the problem is i don't know anything about saxon so i can't really elaborate!