GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

petergunn

plywood violin
I'm about to risk my rep by saying I half like this.

Sure, It's no "anytime I come nuff boy dem a jetta/when I'm with a shank four fifth or a tecka" going on reckless on Fuck Radio 2, but there's a light hearted genuinely sunny and upbeat feel to it that's different than all this rolex/sunglasses bullcrap.

I don't know, maybe I'm just fucked in the head right now from too many darkroom chemicals...

no, i'm w/ you...

this is cute...

at least they didn't autotune it, their off key singing/whistling is charming...

maybe b/c in the US, you don't get overexposed to the annoying white indie version of this sort of pop music (unless you seek it out and i don't), so i am inclined to see the charms of this as opposed to the faults...

i mean, in 2008, you gotta face the facts that NO ONE from 2003 is JUST doing straight grime... and as doing something other than grime, this is way better than Skepta's lame hipster cocaine garage/electro whatever...

i'll take this over a bad 80's interpolation any day... (unless this tune is from something else, too?)

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
I'm about to risk my rep by saying I half like this.

Sure, It's no "anytime I come nuff boy dem a jetta/when I'm with a shank four fifth or a tecka" going on reckless on Fuck Radio 2, but there's a light hearted genuinely sunny and upbeat feel to it that's different than all this rolex/sunglasses bullcrap.

I don't know, maybe I'm just fucked in the head right now from too many darkroom chemicals...

Agreed - much as i usually fucking hate this sort of mockney bollocks I'll gladly take it over another sportsbar electro beat

Simon78

continuum

smugpolice
big up for those articles

These two have a lot to say>>
Voltage & Macksta
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Simon78

big up for those articles

These two have a lot to say>>
Voltage & Macksta

Voltage has just released a mix cd - Currently In Charge Vol2. Not had a chance to listen to it yet but I think the cheapest place to get it from is here: http://www.dancerecords.com/releases/28478

Its not out on cd for a couple of months D/L only to begin with.

Pics of the cover, tracklist and loads of places to buy it in this thread. Its got to be good with all of the features and producers on there.
http://www.grimeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15433