GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

DJ Lioness

I know Miss P, just found a record on Trojan, never knew she was on Radio though. Rita's sister i think?! Oh and Rodigan interviewed the Tuff Gong himself on Capital in 1980, you lot are newbees lol
Suprised they even gave a woman a legal show though!

redcrescent

Tactics said:
also why is it always the white/european reaction to take black music to mean only for those of african heritage. What this is all really about is recoqnition and the inability of white/european people to recoqnise things of black/african heritage..from music to...well everything lol...

:confused:

john eden

male pale and stale
bassnation said:
wasn't that your goth phase around then john, or has it never officially ended? :)

Synthpop/goth/punk. I think, with a side order of Art of Noise. :cool:

Officially NOT OVER!

Tell me Mum it wasn't a "phase"!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I was listening to Rankin' Miss P's Radio London sets (primarily lovers rock) occasionally in 1989... but who was Radio London's reggae DJ back in the early 80s? Used to be on after Robbie Vincent's jazz funk show every Sunday lunchtime... I was a regular for both shows (well I am an Essex boy :)), but I've been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the reggae show and it's really bugging me...

bassnation

the abyss
2stepfan said:
I was listening to Rankin' Miss P's Radio London sets (primarily lovers rock) occasionally in 1989... but who was Radio London's reggae DJ back in the early 80s? Used to be on after Robbie Vincent's jazz funk show every Sunday lunchtime... I was a regular for both shows (well I am an Essex boy :)), but I've been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the reggae show and it's really bugging me...

i'm interested in the background of essex with the funk and soul thing. how did that come about? were there any seminal nights in the eighties there?

D

droid

2stepfan said:

Was it Tony Williams 'Reggae Rockers, Music on the Move' show by any chance?

BTW - apparantly Rodigan had pre-Capitai radio show on Radio London in 77/78, so I guess Ill have to eat my metal hat!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
droid said:
BTW - apparantly Rodigan had pre-Capitai radio show on Radio London in 77/78, so I guess Ill have to eat my metal hat!

rodigan used to have a stall at oxford market every saturday- where was my 13 year old arse in '85? probably listening to howard jones, close to the edit or my dad's records. may even have walked past it on my way to the icerink on a saturday :(

Last edited:

gumdrops

it really is. if dizzee makes sure newham gens' album is full of beats like that and prangman (not that into the boring mizz beats beat for d double signal or even birds in the sky to be honest), they might have a classic grime album on their hands.

benjybars

village elder.
couple of things...

i guess most people have heard dis already but here's JME with some MASSIVE bars.
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LT7YTBNVFRSC2B0DOCA1QVIY9
check out his kind of double time rhyming towards the end..definitely the most innovative thing i've heard from a grime mc. serious.

also, i mentioned dis on a silverdollar thread on wiley but has anyone noticed how much wiley is messing up his bars on radio at the moment?? it's properly annoyin tho cos his new bars are huge.. he just struggles to get them out (which i suppose is quite i big problem if ur an mc?).. havin said dat did anyone catch him and stryder on rinse late last night with Darkisde? he was a lot more focused and basically merked differently.

finally, can anyone tell me if skepta and wiley are actually signed? if not, who's releasing their albums?? safe.

Fiddy

think wiley's been bit distracted on those shows where he's messed up bars, radio is spose to be practice hours but when there's 10 MC's all fighting for mic u don't get most out of it. When we went to Paris, Wiley did loads of new stuff and was on fire...Neither of the albums are actually signed yet either.

benjybars

village elder.
Fiddy said:
think wiley's been bit distracted on those shows where he's messed up bars, radio is spose to be practice hours but when there's 10 MC's all fighting for mic u don't get most out of it. When we went to Paris, Wiley did loads of new stuff and was on fire...Neither of the albums are actually signed yet either.

yeah, fair enuff.. in dat case he should just do a solo ting like skepta did with plasticman the other week (shit, plasticman ain't on rinse no more is he?). maybe with lioness then...

also, low me if i'm being dumb but does dat mean skepta and wiley's album won't get a release until they DO get signed or...i dunno, how does it work??

cheers.

Fiddy

no they both have options open and neither are holding out for a major label deal but obviously you just need to explore all avenues before deciding... also gives them a chance to keep improving the work i guess.

Poet for Hire

Anyone catch Wiley practice on Kode9's rinse show last. Never heard him spit on dubstep before - that was sick. New lyrics as well.