GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

i thought it was a bit shit. greena was good, ld was decent, went out for a smoke while chef was on. how did spyro and vectra sound good though? we were on the right and it sounded nasty as fuck, the cdjs right up to the max, plus vectra kept playing shit like caspa and chase & status.

was a real friday crowd there, and it showed - people moshing at the front and shit. tubby just played metallic standard dubstep, it's so wasted on badness and d double.

Oh. different tastes then I suppose? I only really go to FWD when there is a grime DJ on the line up or someone playing Funky.

Spyro & Vectra were playing all of my favourite new grime tunes so I was enjoying hearing them out on a system. I think those Chase & Status tunes sound good when you mix a vocal over the top as well.

I thought Tubby's selection was great myself.

I hate the fact that I missed it but I was just too pissed to envisage the mission from one end of London to another. Mixed reports here though, dunno.

SPAM; Grimetapes.com: NASTY is done by the way. Stage 2 now, for those that know; expect some emails over the next week.
Site should be back up and running in full by the end of the week as well.

benjybars

village elder.
I hate the fact that I missed it but I was just too pissed to envisage the mission from one end of London to another. Mixed reports here though, dunno.

SPAM; Grimetapes.com: NASTY is done by the way. Stage 2 now, for those that know; expect some emails over the next week.
Site should be back up and running in full by the end of the week as well.

big like banana.

tom lea

Oh. different tastes then I suppose? I only really go to FWD when there is a grime DJ on the line up or someone playing Funky.

Spyro & Vectra were playing all of my favourite new grime tunes so I was enjoying hearing them out on a system. I think those Chase & Status tunes sound good when you mix a vocal over the top as well.

I thought Tubby's selection was great myself.
i dunno, i'm probably more likely to go when there's a grime or funky dj on the line-up- my problem with the tubby and vectra/spyro sets was that they played too much dull, colourless dubstep. but each to their own, maybe it was the idiots at the front smacking girls in the face and stuff that put me off, dunno.

Simon78

i dunno, i'm probably more likely to go when there's a grime or funky dj on the line-up- my problem with the tubby and vectra/spyro sets was that they played too much dull, colourless dubstep. but each to their own, maybe it was the idiots at the front smacking girls in the face and stuff that put me off, dunno.

Ouch. Oh well, I know what sort of stuff to ask for next time I'm in Uptown :D

Vectra & Spyro only played 3-4 dubstep tunes that I can remember and they must have got through about 30 songs during their set. I will DL the mp3 later and have another listen as I was pretty wasted.

I didn't see any girls getting smacked in the face myself but I was stood down the front on the left. I wasn't guilty of moshing, but I did shove Elijah & Spooky every time a hype tune came on (sorry Elijah!)

tom lea

different strokes mate, you're right about spyro and vectra only playing a couple of dubstep ones, but they were pretty bait i thought, and like the major points of the set. i'm probably just being miserable. i mean they're two of my fav djs so i've downloaded the set to listen again.

edit: how funny is l.d.'s dancing btw? when he'd bend over to get a record and shake his arse at the crowd i was cracking up- wish chef had done the same

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz

I still aint met you yet!

tom lea

elijah are you gonna come our cargo rave? wookie, geeneus, various production, brackles and alex nut- should be hype!

Simon78

different strokes mate, you're right about spyro and vectra only playing a couple of dubstep ones, but they were pretty bait i thought, and like the major points of the set. i'm probably just being miserable. i mean they're two of my fav djs so i've downloaded the set to listen again.

edit: how funny is l.d.'s dancing btw? when he'd bend over to get a record and shake his arse at the crowd i was cracking up- wish chef had done the same

Yeah, I could survive without hearing Eastern Jam again but they played 1up so I didn't mind.

I'm just happy to hear grime out anywhere to be honest so it was a good weekend for me. Elijah & Skilliam, Spooky, JJ, Spyro, Spyro B2B Vectra and the Newham Generals all in one weekend!

+ Flirta D got on the Mic for about 30 seconds at Chockablock :D

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I like Eastern Jam.

I wonder if this Tempz/Griminal debacle at Eskimo Dance has anything to do with Tempa T allegedly smacking up Lil Nasty? Or if either actually happened at all.

tom lea

i don't know, but marcus and temps are both on the bill for the rinse youngers thing coming up. the temps beating up little nasty thing seems to be accepted as truth, but god knows really.

how was chockablock, anyway?

I wonder if this Tempz/Griminal debacle at Eskimo Dance has anything to do with Tempa T allegedly smacking up Lil Nasty? Or if either actually happened at all.

Well, it was Griminal spitting those Tempa T bars on the SB.TV video with Dot Rotten etc that directly preceded the initial incident- he was allegedly there for Lil Nasty within 12 hours of it going up, but couldn't find Griminal.

Then you've got him spitting the same bars on the same stage as Tempz then that suck your mum bar, it's a provoking act really.

And it DID happen- there are loads of videos banging out grimeforum funnily enough.

Simon78

how was chockablock, anyway?

It was a really good night. Great atmosphere I thought.

Elijah and Skilliam were the first DJ's I saw and they played a really good set. The mixing was spot on. They played some new Joker bits, 1Up and a quality J-Sweet tune.

Spooky was doing his usual rapid mixing and played Grime, Bassline, Dubstep & Funky.

Cameo played loads of big tunes. It was great hearing I Can C U again.

I was a bit disappointed with Marcus Nasty's set as he mainly played old Funky. The crowd were into it though. My mate said he played a load of new Lil Silva tunes in Berlin the next day so I would have preferred to hear them but it was a good set.

Tomb Crew went with Old School garage and mixed in some dubstep. They played the Oddz/Next Hype refix which went down really well.

Spyro wasn't on the bill I don't think but he was on after Tomb Crew and killed it as always. I have no idea what he played as I was blotto by that point.

Migraine Skank & Next Hype got the best crowd reactions.

Elijah

Butterz
It was a really good night. Great atmosphere I thought.

Elijah and Skilliam were the first DJ's I saw and they played a really good set. The mixing was spot on. They played some new Joker bits, 1Up and a quality J-Sweet tune.

cheers boss.

As we opened we werent really under pressure to play bangers so it kinda worked for us, as we played stuff that might not go down as well when it a full dancefloor at 2am.