GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Tha Megatron

For those who got Lord of the Decks 2 and might have passed up on the video while checkin out the DVD the DTI video is on there. I think right after the Skepta/Jammer interview.

If i knew how to edit wmv files id post it up myself but since im on a mac I have no clue what to do.

but yeah, that video was pretty fun to watch

Fiddy

atomly said:
Wasn't DTI an old Skepta tune?

it is a Skepta tune. If you remember on my blog a while back he said how he came back from Napa and found out some1 had done a video for it, but nothing actually to do with him. Saw Private Caller video for first time yesterday on youtube

benjybars

village elder.
Blackdown said:
i'm not talking about DTI the Skepta tune, this is years before that. I'm talking 2002-3...

yeah so can anyone tell me who the mc actually is on that tube bunking tune???!!!

Tootsi

The mc on that tune is called Dream, i dont think the tarck was ever realeased though, pretty sure dream has a track on the aim high 3 cd if you want to hear something new from him,

Tha Megatron

Blackdown said:
wasn't it called DTI? part of me thinks Deekline/Wizzard/Donna Dee was involved with that 12". had a shiiiiiite homemade video.

ok i think this is startin to ring a bell. I remember buyin a tune that was similar that included a map of the tube system. wasnt it done under an alias like DJ Pixie and sometin like that and the artists were wearing masks of some sorts?

I think it was some tune bout paying fare for the tube or not paying the fare.

anyway...that was my brainfart of the day. i could have sworn that was the same tune...it had Deekline listed as a artist on that 12" too. :confused:

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Tha Megatron said:
ok i think this is startin to ring a bell. I remember buyin a tune that was similar that included a map of the tube system. wasnt it done under an alias like DJ Pixie and sometin like that and the artists were wearing masks of some sorts?

I think it was some tune bout paying fare for the tube or not paying the fare.

anyway...that was my brainfart of the day. i could have sworn that was the same tune...it had Deekline listed as a artist on that 12" too. :confused:

It was called 'Run From the T.I.' (T.I. being short for ticket inspector...)

The MC was one of the old Flex FM lot, can't remember who, possibly Diamond White or Fizzy from Genius Kru...

benjybars

village elder.
sier b - rock star... wtf!!

who's heard dis track?? it's definitely the weirdest grime track i've evr heard.. sier basically does loads of random rhymes using the names of every 'rock' group ever with dat white stripes riff in the background. it includes the amazing line "so i just turn the jimmy page..."

i really don't know what to make of this. just really weird. it's on logan's last show

gumdrops

i might be late with this but does dexplicit's beat for 'fwd riddim' remind anyone else of hyper-on experience's 'assention'?

benjybars said:
who's heard dis track?? it's definitely the weirdest grime track i've evr heard.. sier basically does loads of random rhymes using the names of every 'rock' group ever with dat white stripes riff in the background. it includes the amazing line "so i just turn the jimmy page..."

i really don't know what to make of this. just really weird. it's on logan's last show

I thought that was a terrible track. Do people actually rate this kid?

benjybars

village elder.
Tactics said:
I thought that was a terrible track. Do people actually rate this kid?

i dunno he;s got some decent bars but he sounds like he;s tryin to hard to be aggressive sometimes.... but yeah dat rockstar track is very swag

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I go back and forth on Syer. When I first heard him on radio with Wiley I liked him, he had some funny lines and good energy. But he may be one of these guys who don't translate that well on record. His bit at the end of Wiley's 'Your Not Real' is his best recorded bit. Not feeling that rockstar track tho, been waiting for someone to jack that bassline and make a hit remix but that's definitely not it.

Anyone heard Santana's jack of the Sweet Child of Mine intro? Also not as good as it could be but cool nonetheless, novelty value.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
I just purchased the two Comps "Grime" and "Grime 2", which I found in a local record store used for $10.99 and $6.99 respectively, and had a few questions.

First: The liner notes discuss the terms grime, dubstep, and sublow and seem to say that they are basically words deescribing the same thing, or media attempts to classify the new sounds coming out. I understand these came out a while, and it seems to me that they now have more rigid definitions, and entirely seperate scenes. But where are the lines? Where is the exact line between an instrumental grime track and a dubstep track? Some of the tracks on these comps seem to go both ways. Is "grime" nowadays more referring to the vocal aspect?

And who decides this crap anyway?

Second: Down at the bottom of the liner notes it says to buy a new copy to support the scene. Would it be considered unsupportive for me to just stick to buying used copies, to save the cash i so desperately need? I havent seen much grime at all in Chicago in record stores, and when i do, its labelled wrong. One was labelled "dance", the other "jungle", then i found a Tempa record in the "dance" seciton of the recored store. I often find grime in the hip hop section. This is kind of tangent to this question, but it does highlight how hard it is to get grime records here.

luka

million dollar dream

'i sneak behind, the nearest person, who paid the fare
and whats wrong with that, its good to share!
and if i don't do that
take a walkabout
and buy a ticket from a ticket tout
idont knowwhy they made that ill-e-gal
theyre catering for the poor peo-ple'

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
Freakaholic said:
I often find grime in the hip hop section. This is kind of tangent to this question, but it does highlight how hard it is to get grime records here.

well grime isn't exactly well stocked in a lot of london independent record shops either.

Last edited:
out of all these new white kids spitting...

SIZZLE said:
I go back and forth on Syer. When I first heard him on radio with Wiley I liked him, he had some funny lines and good energy. But he may be one of these guys who don't translate that well on record. His bit at the end of Wiley's 'Your Not Real' is his best recorded bit. Not feeling that rockstar track tho, been waiting for someone to jack that bassline and make a hit remix but that's definitely not it.

Anyone heard Santana's jack of the Sweet Child of Mine intro? Also not as good as it could be but cool nonetheless, novelty value.

Devlin is a murkers. Its funny how him and Syer sound alike. Are they related?

Is that Juelz Santana? If so that's hip hop so BANISHED from this thread lol....

benjybars

village elder.
captain easychord said:
anyone else feeling the duppy vocal?

who's on the vocal??

also: Roll deep kicked of rinse!!!!! wtf!!

"i'm gonna keep spittin till geeneus kicks me off rinse...."