GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

C

captain easychord

that design is an eyesore. from what i can see of the tracklisting it looks heavy. but yeah, someone needs to tell JME to get some new fonts or something

SMorlighem

Grime needs its Barney Bubbles!!!

And what about the Newham Generals' stuff, mixtape, album??? Starvation, man...

Cornflake

ya i hate that 2nd phaze cover, im hoping that its not the final cut...
i didnt like the look on jme or skepta's stuff so ya a little dissapointed makes it look like a mixtape

Immryr

bruno said:
excellent! except for the design, which is frankly ugly (and a huge step back from treddin on thin ice).

agreed 100%. treddin on thin ice had such great package design, this is a MASSIVE step down.

originaldrum

from start till done
i don't know - i kinda like it , looks like wiley himself might have done it, it's got that real "i did it me self" look

unlike the xl release - which i could be wrong - but it looks like xl did it, like someone who works at xl or something

bruno

est malade
originaldrum said:
i don't know - i kinda like it , looks like wiley himself might have done it, it's got that real "i did it me self" look

unlike the xl release - which i could be wrong - but it looks like xl did it, like someone who works at xl or something
i'm all for in-house as long as they know what they're doing. you can have a common font, layout and still allow for individuality. this, on the other hand, looks like someone took an apple obsession a bit too far and forgot about the artist in the process (and to be honest i don't see people flocking to buy it on looks alone, which would be its saving grace). a shame!

originaldrum

from start till done
bruno said:
i'm all for in-house as long as they know what they're doing. you can have a common font, layout and still allow for individuality. this, on the other hand, looks like someone took an apple obsession a bit too far and forgot about the artist in the process (and to be honest i don't see people flocking to buy it on looks alone, which would be its saving grace). a shame!

it should also be noted that i like the tinchy mix tape cover too

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

benjybars said:
silverdollar; where's your mp3 site rudeboy?!

well i'm not sure there's much point in doing it now. when i had the idea for it, no one else was doing this sort of thing. now loads of people are. so it's sort of on a backburner. it will happen eventually tho. and there'll be yousendit files of old pirate sets put up regularly on my new blog.

gumdrops

viktorvaughn

simon silverdollar said:
well i'm not sure there's much point in doing it now. when i had the idea for it, no one else was doing this sort of thing. now loads of people are. so it's sort of on a backburner. it will happen eventually tho. and there'll be yousendit files of old pirate sets put up regularly on my new blog.

Mate, just read most of the archieves of yr blog, really good! Made me check out a few old tunes i'd not heard of etc. You got some new stuff in the works?

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Anyone heard Dead Boy - Lethal B feat. Babyshambles on Cameo's last show? If you were listening he played it about 9 times... Pretty crazy tune, I'm feeling it actually. The latest in Statik's one man grindie movement, got a good energy to it and for the first time in a while lethal actually merks. It's funny but for all the complaining about beef he's really at his best merking wiley 'tiger, tiger yeah I really killed him'. And the hook is quite alright, sticks in your head although I would have liked to hear dog sing a bit more than a one bar retriggered sample. Still bigup to everyone involved for actually doing something weird and new.