GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

CrowleyHead

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Not REALLY note worthy, but at the same time, Wiley & Flirta on a track together is kinda cool.

Is Wiley about to drop an album that consists of nothing but like, all his peers doing hooks, and him doing verses? Unintentionally, that's the most craven appeal to the 'classic grime' crowd yet.

Elijah

Butterz
someone needs to put out the gliding squares thing Score5 has been playing

'gangstas' or something

what a tune

girl makes so many riddims not even sure what this is. Im sure if 5 diff big djs asked her for tunes in the same week she would send 5 diff tunes to all of them.

Trillhouse

That is a large crew fi playing a couple of records of the radio. Was a good show though. And I'm loving the new Mumdance & Logos.

-

On an unrelated note, I've been pondering.. With Grime getting a bit of a resurgence and it's influence moving further outside the genre into a role previously occupied by it's cousin dubstep, what's the Grime scene's take on it? Does it embrace things like Fade To Mind and acts like Fatima Al Qadiri. Not just the increasing interest from Amercia but also the UK based more dancefloor orientated takes on the genre.

Maybe with my complete disconnectedness I should've posted this in the 'questions you're embarrassed to ask' thread.

Secundus

On an unrelated note, I've been pondering.. With Grime getting a bit of a resurgence and it's influence moving further outside the genre into a role previously occupied by it's cousin dubstep, what's the Grime scene's take on it? Does it embrace things like Fade To Mind and acts like Fatima Al Qadiri. Not just the increasing interest from Amercia but also the UK based more dancefloor orientated takes on the genre.

Maybe with my complete disconnectedness I should've posted this in the 'questions you're embarrassed to ask' thread.
Other than an amazing tempz freestyle over a nguzunguzu beat that sounds like babies crying I've seen bizzarely little contact between the grime scene proper and the night slugs/fade to mind stuff.

banshee

Slimzee is playing in New York this friday alongside the Fade to Mind/NY artists that usually do those Lit City nights

11012013.gif

also Bok Bok - 'Silo Pass' was big in the grime scene, or at least the Spyro refix of it was definitely

I hope not. Grime make enough mistakes without embracing Fade To Mind.

what's your beef with Fade to Mind? that recent NA ep is decent

Trillhouse

I was listening to a pretty decent J-Cush mix the other week where he played a mix of old grime instrumentals, Lit City stuff like Visionist, and also Fade To Mind and Keysound releases. (I'm sure most of you know J-Cush is part of the Teklife crew, Lit City Records and he's also done production work with Fade To Mind people.)

There definitely seems to be this movement of Grime and Grime influenced music that's building momentum and it's a separate thing from the MC side of things. Maybe that's nothing especially new though and it's a mix of hype and the dubstep void that makes it more noticable.