GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

CrowleyHead

what's your beef with Fade to Mind? that recent NA ep is decent

I just think everything affiliated w/ them, excepting the Fatima al-Qadiri stuff, is really mediocre.

And even stuff she's involved with can suffer. Like Future Brown.... BLEEEECH. But to be fair, I find all the Bok Bok affiliate stuff already too 'light in the ass' to enjoy with only a handful of exceptions.

Basically, I am very leery of this sort of garage/grime/funky hybrid mix coming out of NYC, when we (and I still claim NYC despite everything) have fuck all to do with the music's development REALLY. But I don't know if this is built out of this weird jingoism that Americans should try to not be out here desperately ripping off UK artists just because American dance music is so devoid of proper ideas... Or if it's just a general distaste for NYC Club/Hipster tactics... Or if it's, y'know, just that I think it's nearly all shite. (Which I do!)

November Mix
https://soundcloud.com/slackk/november-mix

Tracklist-
Strict Face- In Evergreen
Murlo- Sea Spray
Annoy- Crimes
Zha- Fall To The Side
Chemist- Blocks
Dark0- Scyther
Trends- Green Forest (Grandmixxer Remix)
Prettybwoy- Kongou Koku
Top Dolla & Waifer- Take Off
Boofy- Nank (Hi5 Ghost Remix)
Midnight Mike- Frigate
Mike G- Limestone
JT The Goon- Defect
Dellity- Sacchrine
Finn- Keep Calling
Inkke- Bastien II
Murlo- Cold Stroke
K-Ro- Icicle
JT The Goon- Mystical Dragon
DJ Milktray- Eastern Delight
Midnight Mike- Lantern Season
Sirpixalot- Chile
Spooky- Hollywood
DJ Milktray Vs Cam'ron- Oh Boy

CrowleyHead

So, what are the grime vocals of the year, if at any that people are feeling? I feel like everything I saw was either just rap or D Double E needing desperately to retire.

banshee

So, what are the grime vocals of the year, if at any that people are feeling? I feel like everything I saw was either just rap or D Double E needing desperately to retire.

Cas - 'Silian Braille'
Chronik - Deepest Darkest
Novelist - Cadell Coward
Big H - Mum's Life
Wiley - 'How Is It Going' even tho its not really grime
Everything JME's done has been solid

Secundus

The Proton wardub was pretty good, I really liked the Tre Mission tape and the stuff MIK and Merky Ace put out was pretty decent. This year's been less shitty for MC grime than last year

Simon78

I can't think of one decent one tbh. I was going to say Playground as that was huge but just checked and it was 2012.