GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
When the man was talking about how he was up to level five in the gang (like it was a pyramid business), because he stabbed people, I was wondering whether he was deliberately trying to make the journalist look like a dick, brasseye style

OMG OMG totally, me too!!! "level five"? that's got to be BS right??

martin i guess there's worse stuff out there it's true, and it's better they talk about it than not.. just in light of the nonsense over the summer, and the crime editor's honest acknowledgement of the overall decline of violent crime, i wanted to see a mite less brass eye-esque excitement.

here is some of it anyway:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7773000/7773718.stm

(sorry about massive non-grime diversion..)

There are few things funnier than seeing NJ & Stormin dancing and singing along to bump and grind. That's it.

off topic but only slightly.

mos dan

fact music
a few minutes ago on BBC news there was a little piece about gun crime and gang violence. As soon as george aligiya mentioned Edmonton in his lead up, the phrase "edmonton gunman they back me" came into my head. 10 seconds later there's a clip of a Dollar the dustman video and the sample is playing:D

i actually found the clip and delved a bit deeper into this - have finally taken it to the media stab frenzy thread though :) http://dissensus.com/showthread.php?p=160060#post160060

gumdrops

full version of newham gens violence is on youtube now. footsie and g man kill it, dizzee not so much. dont know why hes there to be honest. doesnt really convince. dee should have been on there or tempz or kronik. im wondering if this is maybe a remix rather than the original. either way, beat is brilliant. def better than what ive heard of head get mangled, which is meant to be the first single.

Tootsi

The Grime Digital podcast was back this Sunday, with the first in the Studio Mayhem sets. The set was performed to promote the release of Revolver’s upcoming release ‘Grime’s Son’- look out for that when it drops! In this set you can catch Tootsi on the decks with Revolver, Dolla Da Dustman, Kase, Terminator and Jonson- it’s heavy!

Click http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=295454973 for the podcast

If you want to DOWNLOAD or STREAM the podcast, then go to http://grimedigital.podbean.com and click the right links (if you don’t have iTunes).

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
i think nasty jack - shotta music is best cd i've bought this year :cool:

I was going to buy this until I realized it was mixed and "hosted" by Logan. I'm not sure whose brilliant idea this was, or what the concept was behind it, but this is certainly just going to remain as illegally downloaded mp3s on my hard-drive. Sorry Jack, it's just not really worth anything now. I'll buy the album.

Also, did anyone catch Realist on Logan with Voltage a couple weeks back? (maybe one, can't remember). I locked in for Voltage who I've been following for a while now, but he showed up with this little man and he rocked it!
I really rate him, and I think he is Godsgift little bro.

The set is up on youtube now.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

I was going to buy this until I realized it was mixed and "hosted" by Logan. I'm not sure whose brilliant idea this was, or what the concept was behind it, but this is certainly just going to remain as illegally downloaded mp3s on my hard-drive. Sorry Jack, it's just not really worth anything now. I'll buy the album.

Well, more fool you. Its a great CD and having Logan on there doesn't spoil it for me. In fact he's quite funny. Its worth 6 quid of anyone's money

faustus

it's coming out on itunes unhosted with instrumentals quite soon. for the record, it's not really 'mixed' and logan tends to talk over just the last 10 seconds of a tune or not at all.

Logan

Grime Guru

Also, did anyone catch Realist on Logan with Voltage a couple weeks back? (maybe one, can't remember). I locked in for Voltage who I've been following for a while now, but he showed up with this little man and he rocked it!

Everyone says that who hasn't listened to it.

And Realist isn't related to Gift in any way.

BareBones

wheezy
bought shotta music from uptown at the weekend, i agree with faustus... it's totally brilliant, one of the best things i've bought this year - actually i think it's the only cd i've bought this year.... oh no, the second (forgot dot rotten)

mos dan

fact music
I was skeptical, really, but the CD delivers. And Logan's barely even on it.

even if he was all over it (haven't checked yet) i doubt it could come close to being as annoying/intrusive as sk vibemakers hosting that no lay mixtape from last year... 'know yourself out here' and their other shit radio slogans over and over again.. grrr SHATAP SHATAP SHATAP

Simon78

This Realist freestyle over Star In The Making remix is really good.