questions you are dying to ask but are too scared to b/c of music nerd cred?

luka

I genuinely think it's the best thread we've ever had. I really really like it. Very proud of it

I genuinely think it's the best thread we've ever had. I really really like it. Very proud of it

I read it all last night. sometimes cruel and disappointing but very revealing and funny too. It’s nuts what a forum will have you say to other people. Craner taking long hard looks at himself was the best bit.

craner

Beast of Burden
I read it all last night. sometimes cruel and disappointing but very revealing and funny too. It’s nuts what a forum will have you say to other people. Craner taking long hard looks at himself was the best bit.

I didn't contribute to that thread, did I?

luka

It was a really good time for me. It's when me and Barty found our stride. Peak of the forum for me so far but me and Shiels will surpass it soon

luka

I really had to fight to create the space we have now. I had to use violence to establish this.

I didn't contribute to that thread, did I?

an insightful bit about the place being a ‘shrinking and increasingly personalised space for a hardcore cadre’,corpsey said chat room, I said lads WhatsApp. A shift from a topical forum about content to the posts and users themselves being the content.

luka

You have to embrace it. It's part of human interaction. There are no ideas that aren't the product of bodies and embodied histories.

This happens with all human made systems without strict regulation. They’re eventually hijacked by narcissists who reshape in their own image (that’s us)

luka

Systems aren't human until they are hijacked. They are sterile up until that point, then they come to life,

There are larger forces at play too obviously. You see it in the rest of forums to FB and twitter. Our avatars, personal brands increasing in importance

luka

one if the things barty keeps saying is the content and the personalisation went hand in hand.

I don’t know. I can understand the feeling of being boxed in (or out) by too much of all that. It has to be mutual doesn’t, and then it’s beautiful. I’m pro taking the piss out of each other and oneself as the highest form of love.