fave grime catchphrases

zhao

there are no accidents
what happened to the "grime terminology" thread? I only got to page 2 and meant to read the rest

toasted

hammer when he gets on the STINNKKKKOYYYY! YEEEEAAH! tip

there was some rinse set where he completely lost the plot

DAT BOY IS STINKOOYY! WHEN U HEAR U BE LIKE YEEHHEAHEA YEEHEAHEA!!

also another vote for scratchys yyeyeyeyeey... i bust this out at uni all the time - ppl are like :confused: so i draw for the screwface :mad:

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
Although not catchphrases

"I love this war like Captain Hook" - Foots
"I will come to your birthday party" JME

both are jokes

Jammer's neckle annoys the fuck out of me - I think people tolerate it because he makes tunes and so they can't really say anything.
_

appleblim

where DOES 'shoewr'/ 'showerface'/'showerman'/'shower-curtain business(!!)' come from?

i love it! but am intrigued as to where it comes from......who said it first? what does it MEAN?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Definitely "differently". It's just a brilliant things to say. "Yeah, I'm cooking some hot chilli tonight, but with some coriander in it, making you sweat differently".

DonRuba

Stocktown man
Immryr said:
royal is saying THATS........THATS GBH!!

Seriously? Nah... GBH? What would that mean?

And he rhymes it with words like "great" and "weight"... I'm pretty sure it's something that ends with -ate.

Bruza's "Get me", JME's "Serious", and Scratchie's warrior cry are among my favorites too.

But... I thought there would be more? If you don't restrict yourselves to your favorites, are there more examples you can come up with?

Trim's "Lisssteeen! Are you lisssteniiing?" is another one which I quite like. And the way D. Dark ends his words in a high pitch is maybe not exactly a catchphrase but it's still his signum. Not sure I'm feeling that one though. Maybe he should stick to producing. Lake Days is a nice riddim.

nick

A Day in the Life
DonRuba said:
Seriously? Nah... GBH? What would that mean?

GBH = grievous bodily harm

"Wounding or inflicting Grievous Bodily Harm (GBH) Section 20
Arrestable offence
Five years imprisonment in indictment; six months imprisonment and/or fine summarily

It is an offence to unlawfully and maliciously to wound OR inflict Grievous Bodily Harm with or without a weapon on any other person.

Instances that amount to a charge of Wounding or inflicting GBH include permanent disability, broken bones, substantial loss of blood."

http://www.policeuk.com/study/law_assault.html

gumdrops

not really a catchphrase, but i do love how on the rinsessions pack, riko says a couple of times: "soundboy, what you gone and done to yourself?!' he sounds so disappointed/sympathetic.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Not a catchphrase, but Wiley's "I try SO hard" at the beginning of "They Can't Get Along with Wiley" on the Rwd mixtape is absolutely hilarious. He sounds crestfallen.