DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ PIMP

Those Skream shows are fucking great.

Loving that banging acid kinda vibe in the tunes like Deeper Concentration, and that ravey up-sounding stuff that D1 (I think) was playing? And what about the bassline in Iron Soul's Kalawanji - shit the bed I love that restrained tension - exactly my kind of tune.

Once again the UK is destroying me from afar.

tate

Brown Sugar
Apologies for double posting, but seemed worth mentioning: Vex'd rmx of Sileni's "Twitchy Droid Leg" scheduled for September release on Offshore.

Kuma

The Konspirator
Tate said:
Apologies for double posting, but seemed worth mentioning: Vex'd rmx of Sileni's "Twitchy Droid Leg" scheduled for September release on Offshore.

^
an early version of which i could swear was on the mix they did for us on art of beatz..which will be floating around on podcast soon...

seems a whole lotta cats is jumping on the myspace bandwagon...

...so is we

check it and the mean video of 2 blackholes dancing and merging to create a bigger one that radiates gravity waves as ripples in spacetime...

www.myspace.com/hellsciencedept

...coldtap is up there too with a few unreleased demos being added real soon

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Can anyone direct me to where I can find

Pinch & P Dutty - Alien Tongue

on vinyl?

boomkat is out. rooted doesnt have it. not on ebay. and i dont think dubplate is up yet. thats all i know.

Kuma

The Konspirator
Freakaholic said:
Can anyone direct me to where I can find

Pinch & P Dutty - Alien Tongue

on vinyl?

boomkat is out. rooted doesnt have it. not on ebay. and i dont think dubplate is up yet. thats all i know.

dotshop.se

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Went to see Loefah et al in Nottingham on thursday - my first proper dubstep night, and it was very very nice. Great tunes, a fairly varied crowd (partly as a result of Higness Soundsystem opening, I think) good vibes and real ale! Loefah closing with Remarc's RIP was a particularly nice touch.

Kuma

The Konspirator
Just a thought..

Tempa are absolutely fucking on it right now.

"Roots Of Dubstep" doublepack is so good like eating a really good ice cream that makes your teeth freeze. Buck and Bury is premium El-B and it's nice to have the monster that is "Star Wars" on vinyl finally.

The dubstep allstars vol 4. mixes by Hatcha and Yunx are insane. Two hours of future skank and techno soul with two Headhunter tunes that are just magic.

well done, i say!

Kuma

The Konspirator
He's right, they showed up in my mailbox unexpectedly this week. Full release July 17.

Watch out for Immense: those Benga and Walsh tunes are immense on a good system.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Dubstep features in this months Wire: Interviews with Kode9 and Boxcutter, review of new DMZ releases on Souljazz... along with an irritating piece by the editor saying that he likes dubstep, to the point of it being "revelatory" but which also slags off 2 step and grime... what a load of crap...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.