DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Good news for those of us who've spent the last few months failing to get round to catching up with Skull Disco:

“Soundboy Punishments”
30th April 2007
SKULLCD001
Artist:Shackleton and Appleblim
Format:CD x 2

CD 1
1.Shackleton – Hamas Rule
2.Appleblim – Girder
3.Shackleton – Tin Foil Sky
4.Appleblim -Mystical Warrior
5.Shackleton – I Am Animal
6.Appleblim – Fear
7.Shackleton – Majestic Visions
8.Shackleton – Naked
9.Gatekeeper – Tomb
10.Shackleton – Hypno Angel
11.Appleblim – Cheat I

CD 2
1 Shackleton – Blood On My Hands ((Ricardo Villalobos Remix)
2.Shackleton – Stalker
3.Appleblim – Gold and Silver
4.Shackleton – I Want To Eat You
5.Shackleton – New Dawn
6.Shackleton – Massacre
7.Shackleton – Make Me Cry

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
Good news for those of us who've spent the last few months failing to get round to catching up with Skull Disco:

“Soundboy Punishments”
30th April 2007
SKULLCD001
Artist:Shackleton and Appleblim
Format:CD x 2

CD 1
1.Shackleton – Hamas Rule
2.Appleblim – Girder
3.Shackleton – Tin Foil Sky
4.Appleblim -Mystical Warrior
5.Shackleton – I Am Animal
6.Appleblim – Fear
7.Shackleton – Majestic Visions
8.Shackleton – Naked
9.Gatekeeper – Tomb
10.Shackleton – Hypno Angel
11.Appleblim – Cheat I

CD 2
1 Shackleton – Blood On My Hands ((Ricardo Villalobos Remix)
2.Shackleton – Stalker
3.Appleblim – Gold and Silver
4.Shackleton – I Want To Eat You
5.Shackleton – New Dawn
6.Shackleton – Massacre
7.Shackleton – Make Me Cry

Saw this over at the dubstep forum, very excited, especially because i've still not heard the blood on my hands remix.

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Yeah dark garage was one of the tags back in 1999 and later.

This eases my mind immensely. When I first was getting into it, i didnt know what i was getting into: dark garage, grime, dubstep, breaks, sublow,.....

But i get the impression that people were using a lot of different names for it before grime and dubstep became completely seperate entitites, and genres in their own right.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Yeah man...I remember 'weird garage' being a tag for about, oh, 5 minutes (I read a little thing in Muzik way back which had M-Dubs, Dem 2 etc down as that).

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I'd been hoping to see that one on vinyl.

yeah :)

as cool as the double CD thing is, there's only two tracks on there that I don't have on vinyl (including skull 007, which I don't have yet obviously, but will soon), so I won't be picking it up.

maybe skull 008 for Gold and Silver and Make Me Cry?

Don Rosco

Excellent, cheers. If anyone finds an mp3 linked up anywhere, please post up a link too. We've booked Pinch for Dublin in May and I need to pimp that shit to people still in the dark.

But i get the impression that people were using a lot of different names for it before grime and dubstep became completely seperate entitites, and genres in their own right.

Yeah, it was just dubby 2 step for ages with me. While we're talking about the name, i'm of the opinion that Dubstep is one of the worst ones they could have picked. It's lumpen, unevocative and pedestrian. I'm almost embarrassed at saying it. It's like Drum and Bass. Give me Jungle any day of the week. Still, it's only a name, eh?

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
Pinch mix is absolutely insane, only just listened to the first bit and now i have to go out but lord....tunes are unreal. totally next level: deepstep rather than dubstep:D

Status
Not open for further replies.