DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love a bit of halfstep - its nice to be able to just chill for a while without feeling any urge to dance, just listen and you'll appreciate it better.

he switches pace quite well and quickly too. keeps me on my toes - i have never seen him play a shit set/

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
I think a great deal of the problem was the system couldnt carry the weight needed to really appreciate the tunes he was playing.. i got tired of half heard bass and lots of hihats, bongos and snares and went home.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
lol it seems like we have a burgeoning anti-anti-halfstep-bandwagon-bandwagon

halfstep's a brave and fantastic idea and in the right ballance with other patterns, makes for an amazing sense of change in momentum. it's only when the ballance is skewed and it becomes over-dominant, does it loose it's appeal, to me at least.

straight

wings cru
there is that emporers new clothes aspect to dubstep, its so reliant on sound system pressure that it doesnt tour well

SoulfireCrew

forum is down temporarily. dubway's working on it.

last month we upgraded server plans to the next plan, and obviously that's not going to handle our traffic at the moment. incredible. over 4000 unique ip visits per day!!!

hold tight everyone, it'll be up soon.

seckle from dubstepforum. :)

Methinks the Ammunition/Barefiles debate has tipped them over the edge.

If (lack of) funding ever becomes an issue I'm sure that user donations could keep the site going, offers like this have been mooted in the past.

How is Dissensus funded?

Leo

Pigbag

just listening to the skream stella session from march 21 and about 90 minutes in he plays something that samples the horn riff from "papa's got a brand new pigbag" by pigbag. anyone know what this is?

zhao

there are no accidents
just heard new Vadim in entirety. a couple of tracks are more than a nod in the direction of dubstep and grime... slick production, but not bad at all.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
Haha.

He was pretty varied at DMZ, but yeah, the first proper Dubstep club I went to, he played about 2 hours of half-step, and by the end it was extremely tedious.

you mean a bit like this then>

dubstepppp.jpg

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Skynet - "swamp" (Pinch remix)... this is fucking brilliant: invigorating half step torpor with off centred snares and a hyper real post-R'n'B sense of beat building (those militaristic snare rolls) its dark and "evil" but stylishly so, imagine some bleak-but-come-hither R'n'B vox over this... mmm...

shudder

Skynet - "swamp" (Pinch remix)... this is fucking brilliant: invigorating half step torpor with off centred snares and a hyper real post-R'n'B sense of beat building (those militaristic snare rolls) its dark and "evil" but stylishly so, imagine some bleak-but-come-hither R'n'B vox over this... mmm...

where can we hear???

Status
Not open for further replies.