DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Just wanted to let you all know that Hessle Audio is now up and running :) It's run by Ramadanman, Pangaea and me out of Leeds, and we just got test presses back for our first release.

The first 12" we're putting out consists of a couple of tunes by Romanian producer TRG, which have been getting quite a bit of attention on this forum and a few others recently. He's definitely one to watch if you're interested in the recent revival of two step rhythms and swing in dubstep. If you're into anything Horsepower did a few years ago, check out these tunes. There's audio on our myspace - http://www.myspace.com/hessleaudio

HES001

a. TRG - Put You Down
b. TRG - Broken Hearts

Mastered at Transition
Distributed by ST Holdings

If all goes smoothly you should be able to pick up this release in all the usual spots in a few weeks time

nomos

Administrator
'Broken Hearts' is just brilliant. The first time I heard it I immediately shot off a PM to TRG. Can't wait to hear more from him. Big ups on the label, Ben :)

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Just wanted to let you all know that Hessle Audio is now up and running :) It's run by Ramadanman, Pangaea and me out of Leeds, and we just got test presses back for our first release.

The first 12" we're putting out consists of a couple of tunes by Romanian producer TRG, which have been getting quite a bit of attention on this forum and a few others recently. He's definitely one to watch if you're interested in the recent revival of two step rhythms and swing in dubstep. If you're into anything Horsepower did a few years ago, check out these tunes. There's audio on our myspace - http://www.myspace.com/hessleaudio

HES001

a. TRG - Put You Down
b. TRG - Broken Hearts

Mastered at Transition
Distributed by ST Holdings

If all goes smoothly you should be able to pick up this release in all the usual spots in a few weeks time

:cool:

gek-opel

entered apprentice
These TRG tunes are great! Not merely re-heated 2step, the rhythms are really coiled in on themselves, excellent work all involved...

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Woah! Big up UFO, great that you have STHoldings doing the distribution. Those tunes are excellent, the swing vibe is me to a tea.

Did anyone see tonight's episode of Skins on E4? There were a lorry load of dubstep tunes featured in it (episode 8).

Last edited:

boomnoise

♫
Woah! Big up UFO, great that you have STHoldings doing the distribution. Those tunes are excellent, the swing vibe is me to a tea.

Did anyone see tonight's episode of Skins on E4? There were a lorry load of dubstep tunes featured in it (episode 8).

huh? are you serious! that's a little nuts!

Last edited:

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Not a word of a lie. There were some really weird party/kidnap scenes through the last 30mins or so, and pretty much all of them contained dubstep tunes. Their use suceeded in heightening the sense of fear and dread, rastafari!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
i hated skins at first but persevered watching it...and i think it's kind of got good. I missed last night though, i'll have to try check that out on the repeat. Did you recognise any of the tunes that were on it?

mos dan

fact music
There were some really weird party/kidnap scenes through the last 30mins or so

um, spoiler alert please!! some of us are waiting for the repeat!

;)

yeah sodium i'm exactly the same. watched the first one in horror at how forced the 'youth' aspect was, but i've strangely got into it now. it's grange hill with better tunes: what's not to like?

and big up ben!

elgato

I just dont know
Did you recognise any of the tunes that were on it?

Skream - Angry
Skream - Colourful (an edit i hadnt heard before though i think?)
Skream - Tapped
Digital Mystikz - Ancient Memories

very well chosen i thought, really brought the mood. funny, seeing it in that context really makes you realise how fucked it is

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Haha.

He was pretty varied at DMZ, but yeah, the first proper Dubstep club I went to, he played about 2 hours of half-step, and by the end it was extremely tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.