Great 2 Step?

Most of you will probably say this isnt garage but fuck it, it is.

That's a proper London bassline. A garage track made by a Frenchman who probably never heard Garage before.

It's a lot better than this other crossover hit

Benny Bunter

Most of you will probably say this isnt garage but fuck it, it is.

That's a proper London bassline. A garage track made by a Frenchman who probably never heard Garage before.

It's a lot better than this other crossover hit

Shit yeah, never really realised how garagey flatbeat was. Totally forgotten how great that tune is. You still can't fuck with Doom's night though...

CombinedHarvest

Vulgar and ignorant
I dont think he's been mentioned yet. TJ CASES. He's a name that should be praised more, but for some reason I tend to forget all about him.

Bring Me Joy was probably his best. I'm sure it sold well.

Do it Again.

Cheqdagroove. Early 2 step

Dont stop. Not my favourite, buf here for completists sake

For the sake of completists sake how could you miss B-side of "From Dusk till Dawn" the underground smash "My Inspiration" Vibes galore! All the summertime flavours you need!
]

powerpill

we should be getting TJ Cases booked at the russian bar in september. will post up the details nearer the time :D p.s. should be getting better sound in there too!

alex

Do not read this.
earlier on in the year..cant quite rem the date, whistla wasa there

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
could someone recommend the best place to start with D.E.A project tunes/releases?

love everything i've heard but need to put names to basslines.

I never realised this was by them
'Love me'

There was a good one they did later on in their career, 2001 onwards I would guess. It had an MC doing the verses and a female vocalist doing the chorus. The former was spitting for the track in question, the singer may have been a sample but I dont think it was. t could have been "I got to know" on their volume 2 double pack.

Discogs says they had a limited edition album
http://www.discogs.com/DEA-Project-Underground-Classics-Vol-1/release/626126

Paul Hotflush

techno head
Wrong thread.
post-5758-1225601204.gif

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Just been mining this thread for joy, after Benny's great speed garage mix from this morning and wanted to comment on this:
It's a strange sleeve in that it doesnt mention that RIP are the ones that mix it. The photos are interesting though. For those who havent seen it, it's the duo doing a pirate show, in what appears to be a tall house rather than a tower block. Being black, Omar is consigned to toasting duties, reading texts off a mobile.

Why it's an evocative sleeve is because of the location, the sash windows and room style I would locate to North West London, Tufnell Park or Chalk Farm area which was a speed and 2-step garage stronghold I think (at least, when I lived there 99-01), the cans of Stella and fags and spliffs lingering, the Rosie Gaines 12" perched up against the wall, the specific London street-light colouring (queesy halogen-orange), the stripped-down quality (2 blokes in a room with decks and 12"s and drugs and probably no carpet), and the cube-like mobile phone with the off-green screen taking early txts for rewinds...

It takes you back as much as the music...

I can't comment on the racial implications Owen mentions, because I can't say whether that's exactly accurate. I can't really imagine Locked On having that kind of "policy" or bias, to be honest...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
this and the 4x4 one should get back going

grant nelson could do 2 step as well

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i love this tune

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Speaking of Steve Gurley, here's the 2 hour mix he did for the 1Xtra Garage weekend in Summer 2004. The news bulletins have been edited out. It's not quite as good as the Steve Gurley mix that was on this thread a few months ago, but it's still nice.

Part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gc3dns

Part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yrpxmc

Part 3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hjcqsm

I'll scan the tracklisting in tomorow. 1Xtra really should do another garage weekend, it was around 72 hours long.