khat

luka

i listened to a few seconds of a really boring woman who has been sampling tablas. name of Beatrice something I think. very very dull.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
ex-bbc radio three producer iirc, so of course her music is going to have that ugly and undeserved snobbiness associated with that institution. I like snobby music, just earn it!

toko

I like modafinil but that's not really a nootropic, come now.

It's amusing actually "nootropic" functionally is defined by not really having discernible effects. Anything that clearly works is a drug.
yes. I use "nootropic" to desribe any drug that makes me feel "productive." in other words, a substance to get high off of without feeling guilty. (I'm only half-kidding). Regarding phenibut dosage, I'm not quite sure, the last time I took it was with a decent-sized edible and I had the most up and down experience. I remember it was some kind of class trip involving mini-golf and I was zooted for the first hour or two. I couldn't stand still long enough to hit the golfball. Then I crashed pretty hard and fell asleep after 4 or so hours. I'll have to give it another try just by itself to see if its just weed + phenibut that had me tweaked. Maybe try reducing dosage? I know at lower dosage the depressant effects are less noticable.

Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
luke just listen to any random old german or italian bloke on mixcloud called soul preacher, boogyman 3000, disco mafia or whatever the hell you can find. you're guaranteed to find something you'll like. the real underground is on mixcloud. forget about this boring British woman.

IdleRich

IdleRich
yes. I use "nootropic" to desribe any drug that makes me feel "productive." in other words, a substance to get high off of without feeling guilty. (I'm only half-kidding). Regarding phenibut dosage, I'm not quite sure, the last time I took it was with a decent-sized edible and I had the most up and down experience. I remember it was some kind of class trip involving mini-golf and I was zooted for the first hour or two. I couldn't stand still long enough to hit the golfball. Then I crashed pretty hard and fell asleep after 4 or so hours. I'll have to give it another try just by itself to see if its just weed + phenibut that had me tweaked. Maybe try reducing dosage? I know at lower dosage the depressant effects are less noticable.
In the UK we have crazy golf which is the one with sort of silly holes with windmills turning to block the path to the hole and tunnels and so on, normally played on a hard surface, and then we have "pitch and putt" which is really just full golf but every hole is a very short par 3, maybe 100m or something but it's played on grass with probably a pitching wedge and a putter, you have greens, rough, bunkers etc on the good ones at least. which one are you talking about here? And which subject deems a class trip to play it as beneficial? Must have been sociology or something I guess.

toko

In the UK we have crazy golf which is the one with sort of silly holes with windmills turning to block the path to the hole and tunnels and so on, normally played on a hard surface, and then we have "pitch and putt" which is really just full golf but every hole is a very short par 3, maybe 100m or something but it's played on grass with probably a pitching wedge and a putter, you have greens, rough, bunkers etc on the good ones at least. which one are you talking about here? And which subject deems a class trip to play it as beneficial? Must have been sociology or something I guess.
crazy-golf sounds like what I was doing. But yeah, this was for highschool- a class trip to celebrate graduation hahah. not educational in the slightest.

IdleRich

IdleRich
crazy-golf sounds like what I was doing. But yeah, this was for highschool- a class trip to celebrate graduation hahah. not educational in the slightest.
I got my only ever hole in one playing pitch and putt. It was downhill and I teed off with the putter, just whacked it really with no science behind it but it rolled the hole length and disappeared from view, thought it had gone off the back of the green but to my amazement we found it in the hole. One of our party had promised a beer to anyone who got a hole in one but - being a lawyer - he immediately tried to wriggle out of it by claiming that as I had teed off with the putter and thus never pitched I had somehow violated the rules of the game titled pitch and putt.... I responded by pointing out that if I had teed off with the pitching wedge and landed in the hole then I would never have had the chance to putt, in fact any single shot could never be both a pitch AND putt so if the rules of the game were as he claimed then any hole in one was illegal. Grudgingly he paid up with the worse possible grace.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Explain zion train, afro-celt sound system and all that godawful stoner music to Luke. I guarantee once he realises how awful it is he'll be seething with rage that such a thing could be created.

Much, much more dated than any trip hop or anything like that. Trip Hop Pales in comparison really. this is just the absolute inner rectum end of British popular music. Makes gabber sound positively euphoric.

Reactions: Leo