Benny Bunter

Reading Illuminations now, might be even better than a season in hell. Morning of drunkenness is brilliant. He's the only poet I've read that can get away with using this many exclamation marks.

Oh my good, my beauty! Atrocious fanfare in which I do not waver! magical torture rack! Salute the unheard-of work and the marvellous body, for the first time!

luka

they're both great. woops doesnt understand them. theyre too hard for him. i love them though.

luka

Benny Bunter

It's by Martin Sorrell, Oxford edition. I have had my doubts about it but been enjoying season in hell and illuminations anyway. What's the best one to get? Looks like there's millions out there.

luka

i like how swiftly he changes the scenery. like hes wheeling these stage sets in and out of place. theres a delight in his own fecundity that is too childlike to register as self satisfaction. its gleeful.

Benny Bunter

Yeah it's the sheer speed of the inventiveness that's so impressive, he never 'develops' anything, just goes straight on to the next thing. It's a succession of totally wild mood swings.