Hot Old Skool Babes

Colz

Wild Horses
carryoncleo4.jpg

Oops.
Apologies for that. Here she is

After that huge build up in expectation, I've gone right off her now.
Temporarily.;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yesterday I saw a photo of - no, don't laugh - Diana, from back when she was 18 or 19. Nice b/w shot of her hurrying along in the rain to the kindergarten she worked in at the time. Cute.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I saw Priscilla Presley on TV yesterday, on a show about plastic surgery. She was pretty before that Argentinian "doctor" fucked up her face with shots of industrial strength silicon.

elvis-priscilla.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Nice photo, but what's she doing with that tired, flabby old Elvis impersonator?

Oh, wait a sec...

nomadthethird

Slick was one hell of a natural beauty in her youth.

Really? She certainly was cool, but to me she looks very average but with a lot of eye makeup.

The whole 60s makeup-hair aesthetic was good at making average people look pretty.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Priscilla is pretty damn hot there: glorious hair.

don't know if anyone would care to weigh in on the (often male-uttered, of course, but not always) stereotype/narrative (well it exists in Britain anyway) that runs 'middle-aged women should have short, appropriate hair and only younger women should have long hair'

nomadthethird

Priscilla is pretty damn hot there: glorious hair.

don't know if anyone would care to weigh in on the (often male-uttered, of course, but not always) stereotype/narrative (well it exists in Britain anyway) that runs 'middle-aged women should have short, appropriate hair and only younger women should have long hair'

We have that here, too, mostly in suburban or rural areas.

I think you should have a haircut that matches the shape of your face, from a technical aestheticianly perspective. If you have a round or oval face, short hair can look bad.

But no, I hate that stupid idea that women, as soon as they hit 40, and/or have kids, which ever comes first, that they should throw in the towel and get a grandma haircut and elastic waist pants. If that's all you have energy for, fine. But it's a very sexist thing, the idea that women aren't attractive once they have kids or pass a certain age, and that if they try to be it's a crime against fashion or humanity or whatever. Stupid.

But of course, I'll hear middle age women talking about how nobody finds older women attractive, but they've clearly thrown in the towel and gone with the "mom jeans" and such. Men are easy. All it takes is a bare minimum of upkeep and they'll think you're hot. Raquel Welch is still in commercials ffs.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
What kind of ruins that picture for me is that book she wrote about being bulimic. And I know from having a couple of good friends who are bulimic that bulimia makes your breath just awful. So I can't think of her sexually.

Give her a tic tac and she's good to go.

nomadthethird

That'll be 2 hours on the treadmill!

Bulimics love to eat, though, they particularly love to binge eat junk food, then throw it up. The ones I know would eat shit like cheetos and slim jims constantly.

I saw this TV show about this ballet dancer who would only chew food then spit it out. But she'd do this with like an entire box of oreos. She spent hours a night in front of TV chewing then spitting out food. It was pretty intense.

massrock

I have wondered in passing if women going for short hair when they reach a certain age (it's usually a bit older than early middle age isn't it) isn't related to a hormonal post-menopause thing. Never heard the notion that they should be doing this out of some sense of appropriateness or decorum, though not saying such an attitude might not exist anywhere. Sometimes young mums go for a temporarily boyish or 'asexual' look when babies are very new, like the biological message is 'don't get any ideas, I'm all about the kids right now.'

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I have wondered in passing if women going for short hair when they reach a certain age (it's usually a bit older than early middle age isn't it) isn't related to a hormonal post-menopause thing. Never heard the notion that they should be doing this out of some sense of appropriateness or decorum, though not saying such an attitude might not exist anywhere. Sometimes young mums go for a temporarily boyish or 'asexual' look when babies are very new, like the biological message is 'don't get any ideas, I'm all about the kids right now.'

Isn't it just a totally practical thing about not wanting to get food and baby gak and stuff in your hair, plus having to go 'ow, ow, please, leave mummy's hair alone, darling' gets a mite tiresome after its 500th repetition to something that thinks pulling mummy's hair and getting a reaction is the bees-knees?

Plus it's easier to tend to if you're, like, gettin 2 hours sleep a night.

I kinda like it when older women get short haircuts, when they're done well they look like the most glam thing ever.