version

I saw one the other day claiming Leibniz, Kant, Husserl, Tesla and Godel were victims of a conspiracy where they were slowly poisoned then had their work posthumously manipulated.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think I could get into politics if I start applying the "it's all a conspiracy" lens to things – but not a conspiracy of lizards, a conspiracy of bankers, a deliberately tedious and impenetrable, demonically prolix conspiracy of excel manipulators.

craner

Beast of Burden
I think I could get into politics if I start applying the "it's all a conspiracy" lens to things – but not a conspiracy of lizards, a conspiracy of bankers, a deliberately tedious and impenetrable, demonically prolix conspiracy of excel manipulators.

Please don’t get into politics, we don’t need another one of these.

version

The Guardian's now calling it "the network",

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Wow I just got a taste of how cool I'd feel on here if I started casually dropping references to Nick Land and Deleuze and Baudrilliard and all those ppl

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This could go in the other thread, really. It's not exactly David Icke stuff, is it?
You're right though this is 'tories are bastards' material, but it was more that I thought the main advantage conspiracy theories have over the facts is that they're exciting whereas the real conspiracy is (purposively) very complicated and boring... oh, and blatant, too, carried on practically in plain sight with the assumption that nobody will do anything about it

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
just realised that Fraiser Crane's surname is Crane

I don't know what i'm going to do with this information, but rest assured i'm working on it

version

You're right though this is 'tories are bastards' material, but it was more that I thought the main advantage conspiracy theories have over the facts is that they're exciting whereas the real conspiracy is (purposively) very complicated and boring... oh, and blatant, too, carried on practically in plain sight with the assumption that nobody will do anything about it

I didn't mean Tory Bastards, I meant Corruption, 'Deep Politics', etc.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The Guardian's now calling it "the network",

Let us untangle the web of connections between the City, the government and its friends. The BBC chair, Richard Sharp, faces two separate investigations amid allegations he helped the former prime minister Boris Johnson secure a loan of up to £800,000, weeks before Johnson recommended him for the BBC job. Our current prime minister, Rishi Sunak, worked in hedge funds and is a Goldman Sachs alumnus. Sharp, many years ago, was Sunak’s boss at Goldman Sachs, and then years after, an economic adviser to Sunak during the pandemic. Sunak, as chancellor, was building on a long tradition of moving between the two worlds of politics and finance. Sajid Javid made his fortune at Deutsche Bank and had a second job at JP Morgan while a sitting MP. George Osborne took a job with BlackRock, and lately the investment bank Robey Warshaw.
moneyandpolitics.jpg