Hip-Hop - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Poisonous Dart said:
I think music should be accesible and enjoyable as well....to a point. As far as what hip hop I listen to...that's all a matter of personal preference. I can't sit through movies like Dodgeball, Happy Madison, etc. But 40 Year Old Virgin and Anchorman I actually do like...I just won't buy them on DVD or anything to that effect...I'll rent them and watch them on Netflix and return them that day. I rent those movies that tend to be international, documentaries, disturbing or depressing....this are the movies I usually keep for a while, watch multiple times and end up buying...the only "comedy" in my 200+ DVD collection is "Clerks"...this gives you an idea as to the type of person I am. I liked "Tell Me When To Go", "Super Hyphy", "Gangsta Party", "So Fly", "Poppin' My Collar", etc. but none of it moved me enough to spend money on the singles or purchase a full album of material like that. That's not me...I own Aceyalone and Divine Styler CD's as well as Little Brother, Slum Village and Clipse CD's. It was no big deal to like Kid N' Play, Kwame, KMD, Brand Nubian, Poor Righteous Teachers, Kool G. Rap, Ice T and The D.O.C....it was all considered hip hop and no one would bat an eyelash to see these tapes or CD's in the same collection. Nowadays, the music is so divided that a Nelly fan would NEVER own every Roots album. The only place you can see a Nelly CD near a Roots CD is in a damn record store...The game done changed, recognize and realize it. One.

It is true -you are right about it being alright to dig all the artists back in the day.
I can see you are seriuos as a heart attack and thats where you are coming from. Alot of hip hop fans including myself don't like a vegetable only diet though.
Ya feel me?

It is still no big deal to dig Cannibal Ox, Living Legends, Ghostface, Papoose, Saigon, Clipse, e-40, keak da sneak ,turf talk, lil wayne, T.I. Lil John, Bun B and Rick Ross really.

The game hasn't change that much just your perception of the game has changed. ;)

For me it really depends on what mood I am in. Sometimes I dig the more lyrically advanced stuff and sometimes I dig the party vibe. I collect , spin, listen to enjoy and own many different types of Hip Hop.
Another thing I love about Hip Hop or urban music in general is that no one person can define what or what isn't Hip Hop since it is an ever evolving culture with many beautiful offshoots.

Are u cool with that? :)

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Norma Snockers said:
I'll check that track out..

People saying something in 1983 doesn't negate my opinion on Hyphy so far.

True. No one is going to convince you to change your opinion. However you sound alot like my buddies who only listened to rock of the ac -dc and led zeppelin (not that there is anything wrong with that)sort back in the 80's. When I would play things like t- la rock, flash, dst, etc.. for them. They would make flip deragotory remarks after listening to it only very briefly.

That doesn't mean you are the same as them though however. Maybe you have listened to hyphy for hours and hours in several different contexts? Or maybe you just don't like it- thats ok.
However I do and so do 100s of thousands of people in the California bay area and beyond.
So it will continue to exist, change and evolve despite your opinion.
I'll just put my hatablockas on and say peace to ya. :cool:
Btw where have you heard hyphy at?

Last edited:

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Yeah....

dubble-u-c said:
It is true -you are right about it being alright to dig all the artists back in the day.
I can see you are seriuos as a heart attack and thats where you are coming from. Alot of hip hop fans including myself don't like a vegetable only diet though.
Ya feel me?

It is still no big deal to dig Cannibal Ox, Living Legends, Ghostface, Papoose, Saigon, Clipse, e-40, keak da sneak ,turf talk, lil wayne, T.I. Lil John, Bun B and Rick Ross really.

The game hasn't change that much just your perception of the game has changed. ;)

For me it really depends on what mood I am in. Sometimes I dig the more lyrically advanced stuff and sometimes I dig the party vibe. I collect , spin, listen to enjoy and own many different types of Hip Hop.
Another thing I love about Hip Hop or urban music in general is that no one person can define what or what isn't Hip Hop since it is an ever evolving culture with many beautiful offshoots.

Are u cool with that? :)

Absolutely, without variety things would be boring as all hell. Explain THAT to the average consumer nowadays though. One.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Poisonous Dart said:
Absolutely, without variety things would be boring as all hell. Explain THAT to the average consumer nowadays though. One.

I gave up convincing people about music I dig years ago. The reason is that my peace of mind is more important to me than convincing people that they should listen to more music that might edify them intellectually. Cuz- realistically most people don't want to spend that much time on music. They have jobs, kids, bills and alot of shit on their heads and they don't have the time and or money to pay attention to it. When they do listen to music they want it to help them release their inhibitions, relax and or help them forget about the weight of their lives.
I'll let you do the heavy hitting bro it seems you are more than capable.

That being said there is some crunk and hyphy that addresses serious issues.

Anyway have you heard the new K -salaam production with mos def and sizzla?
I am loving it.

1 love
peace -in

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Stop saying what I'm thinking!

dubble-u-c said:
I gave up convincing people about music I dig years ago. The reason is that my peace of mind is more important to me than convincing people that they should listen to more music that might edify them intellectually. Cuz- realistically most people don't want to spend that much time on music. They have jobs, kids, bills and alot of shit on their heads and they don't have the time and or money to pay attention to it. When they do listen to music they want it to help them release their inhibitions, relax and or help them forget about the weight of their lives.
I'll let you do the heavy hitting bro it seems you are more than capable.

That being said there is some crunk and hyphy that addresses serious issues.

Anyway have you heard the new K -salaam production with mos def and sizzla?
I am loving it.

1 love
peace -in

Yes indeed...The new K-Salaam album is gonna be fire (K's boy Beatnik is serious as well)...the Mos Def and Sizzla joint, the Talib Kweli joint and the Papoose and Saigon tracks are serious...even better considering they both waived their appearance fees just to spit on his tracks...that's love. One.

Norma Snockers

baboon2004 said:
Sweetheart, are you autistic?

Anyways, I'm outta here. Norma dear, when I get back I expect you to have acquired a personality, OK?

It will be a PM thing from now I agree it's silly. I like this forum for the intelligent, informed opinions not the Ill informed bigotry. I got a bit carried away with showing up baboon to be a baboon so sorry.

I love Hip Hop 100%, it means alot to me.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yep, apologies to everyone else for the digression,a nd for getting sidetracked by an idiot. :eek:

Ok, on a musical level (and that only), why the hell are you dissing hyphy if you love hip-hop 100%? It has the raw energy of early NY records

On other issues, that Trae record (or what I've heard) really is killer, isn't it (as others have said on the top ten thread)?

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
argue.jpg

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
has anyone heard the new diddy song? he says its good to be back and i agree.[/QUOTE]

It's up on http://www.badboyonline.com/ now
I dunno who said it but you're right, it's fucking bonkers. I like it and generally I like most of the stuff he's done and I don't care. I like Emma Bunton too.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
mistersloane said:
has anyone heard the new diddy song? he says its good to be back and i agree.

I dunno who said it but you're right, it's fucking bonkers. I like it and generally I like most of the stuff he's done and I don't care. I like Emma Bunton too.[/QUOTE]

Yea I am feeling that one as well. The sample quality on the site sucks though. It has that lady from the pussycat dolls Nicole Scherzinger on it.

Also there is another new one on the southern smoke #26 thats pretty nice as well with 8 ball and mjg its called "ridin high."

Last edited:
C

captain easychord

some south tunes i'm feeling big time right now:

lil' yola - 'ain't gon let up'
david banner & lil yola - 'get money'
macboney - 'good money'
miss aisha - 'pussy on ya grill'
plies - 'i just want the paper'
project pat & young jeezy - 'tell tell tell'
8-Ball, MJG & Project Pat - 'Relax and Take Notes'

C

captain easychord

dubble-u-c said:
Also there is another new one on the southern smoke #26 thats pretty nice as well with 8 ball and mjg its called "ridin high."

i dunno maybe it's just me but does anyone else find all this 80's booty throwback stuff pretty unimpressive? it's been creeping in all over the place, thinking tunes like this, the new ciara single, dj khaled's 'holla at me', of course the missy elliot that sampled cybotron.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
dubble-u-c said:
I dunno who said it but you're right, it's fucking bonkers. I like it and generally I like most of the stuff he's done and I don't care. I like Emma Bunton too.

Yea I am feeling that one as well. The sample quality on the site sucks though. It has that lady from the pussycat dolls Nicole Scherzinger on it.

Also there is another new one on the southern smoke #26 thats pretty nice as well with 8 ball and mjg its called "ridin high."[/QUOTE]

There's this

http://www.digiwaxx.com/

which has a better version, I registered and then send me shit every day but some is, erm, interesting.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
captain easychord said:
i dunno maybe it's just me but does anyone else find all this 80's booty throwback stuff pretty unimpressive? it's been creeping in all over the place, thinking tunes like this, the new ciara single, dj khaled's 'holla at me', of course the missy elliot that sampled cybotron.

I like it. The people on the mainstream dance floors here in the southern cali bay tend to like it. It's certainly not breaking any new ground but it's good club music in my opinion.

Ciara and her main producer Jazze Pha have been recycling the planet rock/transeurope express beat for awhile (starting with "1,2 step"). They have put some new paint on it and I still feel it. It's not "impressive" though in an intellectual sense thats for sure. However I tend to feel music more than I think about it so it works for me.

In the southern US and Detroit that template remains a big part of urban and rural music and it never really went away.
It really has no reason to go away yet either as as far as I and some others are concerned it still impels me and many others to dance and feel good.

However as far as being technically or rhythmically really impressive or groundbreaking absolutely not.

C

captain easychord

dubble-u-c said:
I like it. The people on the mainstream dance floors here in the southern cali bay tend to like it. It's certainly not breaking any new ground but it's good club music in my opinion.

Ciara and her main producer Jazze Pha have been recycling the planet rock/transeurope express beat for awhile (starting with "1,2 step"). They have put some new paint on it and I still feel it. It's not "impressive" though in an intellectual sense thats for sure. However I tend to feel music more than I think about it so it works for me.

In the southern US and Detroit that template remains a big part of urban and rural music and it never really went away.
It really has no reason to go away yet either as as far as I and some others are concerned it still impels me and many others to dance and feel good.

However as far as being technically or rhythmically really impressive or groundbreaking absolutely not.

yeah fair enough man. i'm not even trying to frame it in terms of 'progression', 'breaking ground' or any such malarky. nor can i speak for anyone but myself. i just don't feel it (physically) nearly as much as some other shit from the south that is more on a double-time flex.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
captain easychord said:
yeah fair enough man. i'm not even trying to frame it in terms of 'progression', 'breaking ground' or any such malarky. nor can i speak for anyone but myself. i just don't feel it (physically) nearly as much as some other shit from the south that is more on a double-time flex.

Understood. :)
If you dont feel it thats cool.
Lots of people do though- so I reckon it will continue to be a big part of the musical output of the south and detroit.

I like the double time rhythms as well.
Do you have any songs tjhat you suggest?

Last edited:
C

captain easychord

i'm thinking about tunes anywhere from 75-90 BPM that roll out with some nice skippy hi hats. i posted a list upthread of shit i'm feeling at the moment.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
captain easychord said:
some south tunes i'm feeling big time right now:

lil' yola - 'ain't gon let up'
david banner & lil yola - 'get money'
macboney - 'good money'
miss aisha - 'pussy on ya grill'
plies - 'i just want the paper'
project pat & young jeezy - 'tell tell tell'
8-Ball, MJG & Project Pat - 'Relax and Take Notes'

Really feelin - lil yola -a'int gon let up'

Gonna check out the rest. Thanks for the suggestions.

C

captain easychord

yeah that lil yola tune is one of the best tunes i've heard in ages. i don't think i've heard a bad track from him really. may also wanna check out : gucci mane - '745', another huge newish tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.